Seven

I raised my eyebrows as Magnus straightened out my fingers with easy expertise. "So, what is this magic?"

In the past few days, I'd learned healing magic and what Magnus called "mind" magic, which was really just telekiness. I was already tired of learning knew things, but Magnus wouldn't stop teaching me new things. I sighed as he righted my arms again.

"This is combat magic," Magnus answered. "And you're going to hit me with all the power you've got."

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"You're gonna hit me. With any combat magic in your body." He saw my expression. "I'll be fine."

I gritted my teeth. "I'm scared I'm gonna hurt you," I said, my voice cracking. I squeezed my eyes shut.

I felt Magnus' footsteps walk toward me. He cupped my face in his hands, his eyes boring into my now open ones. His golden eyes were fierce, intelligent, and beautiful.

"You could never hurt me. The only thing that could hurt me is you being harmed when I knew I could help...When I knew I could train you more." He gently stepped away from me and outstretched his arms. "We'll start slow. Just you testing your powers. Then we'll battle. Simple."

I was about to protest when he sighed and stepped forward. His lips connected with mine, calmly and lightly. I sighed into his, letting go of my posture, my thoughts, everything. He wrapped his arms around me, whispering, "You're too far away."

I laughed, breathy, as he trailed kisses down my cheek. "You're just trying to soften me up," I murmured. He grinned in between kisses, gently letting me go.

"You messed up your posture," Magnus noted, and helped me make it up again. "Now, concentrate."

I closed my eyes, and suddenly, my body knew what to do. I contorted, my arms coming to my stomach. My entire body buzzed with power.

I heard Magnus' startled gasped. "Andrea-"

I opened my hand and shot whatever was on my palm at him. A startled shout came out of both our mouths and the black energy spiralled into his chest. He was catapulted into the wall, and he crumpled to the ground.

"Magnus!" I rushed over, but he waved me off, wiping dust and black stuff from is eyes. I winced. "Sorry, sorry." I checked him for any wounds and only found a bruise on his back. I rested my hand on it and looked at him. "You okay?"

"Absolutely," he grinned. "But next time, you won't win as easily."

I smirked, the memory of him being in harm because of me slowly sinking away. "We'll just see about that."

"Your guard's down!" Magnus moved his arm in a blurred movement, making me skitter back. I gasped, throwing myself up and kicking my legs out, splitting in the air. Magnus gasped, falling backward, letting the wall brace him. I lowered myself to the ground, bracing myself on my feet.

"Good," Magnus said, nodding. I let myself relax. It was Friday, and the second day of letting Magnus rip at me. I'd attained bruises, scars, and many other harmful flaws, all healed in a moments' notice. Mganus wouldn't let me complain, so I didn't.

Suddenly, I spiralled through the wall. I screeched as I landed. "MAGNUS!"

"You can't put it down!" magnus said with a bit of a whine. "C'mon, Andrea, you know better than that. You're far too trusting."

I coughed up dusted. "You really need to dust around here."

"Come on, get up," Magnus said, looking a little annoyed. I stood very slowly, wiping dust from around my eyes.

"Jerk!" I yelled, and I flicked my wrist. Magnus went spiralling through the air. I rushed toward him, using momentum to jump and land squarely on his waist. I slung a leg over him, and the other went on his left. "How do you like them apples?" I said, proud of myself.

Magnus raised his hands in surrender. "What a terrible saying," he said, and I got off him, helping him up. "It's time for dinner. We've been at this for hours."

"What do you want to eat?" he asked me, taking my hand in his. "Roman noodles and smoothies?"

"Like every night?" I laughed. "What about pizza? We never eat pizza much."

"Pizza? Ew," Magnus said with a shudder. "Ever since I tried pineapple pizza, I've stopped eating it."

"Try some cheese pizza instead," I answered, grabbing my phone from the counter in the living room. I dialed Pizza Hut and ordered a large pizza. "I'm sure you'll love it."

Magnus grinned instantly. "Anything you say."

"Now you're getting it," I answered. I kissed him on the cheek and he blushed. It was easily seen against his pale-ish golden skin. I laughed again and walked to the kitchen. He followed me, and gently pressed me against the drawers. I giggled as he kissed me, trailing them down my cheeks to my neck. My arms draped over him with a large smile.

"We still have a pizza on the way," I said, breathy, as he kissed down to my collarbone. I ran my hands through his hair with a smile. "This can wait until later, when we're full and in better judgment than we are now."

"Better judgment? I think my judgment is on point at the moment."

"Oh, shut up," I giggled again, letting him trail kisses around my collarbone and around the base of my neck. "Oh, Magnus," I whispered.

I didn't know how much time passed, but soon the doorbell was ringing. Magnus gently let go of me, and I gasped from the loss of contact. "There's soda in the refrigerator," he said breathlessly before going to answer the door. I smiled, turning to the fridge and grabbing the soda. I heard the delivery guy talking to Magnus, but didn't pay much attention.

The door closed. I watched as Magnus walked into the kitchen, his eyes down. I creased my eyebrows. "Magnus?" I asked, confused.

Slowly, his eyes rose to mine. I stumbled backward. They were not the golden I was so familiar with.

He surged forward, and all I could do was scream as his unnaturally green eyes stared me down.