Chapter 6 - Twisting Under Schizophrenia

YOU ARE NOT

YOU ARE NOT.

I am nothing.

YOU ARE NOT.

I am nothing.

YOU ARE NOT.

I am nothing.

YOU ARE NOT.

Please stop....

...

EVERYONE'S AFTER YOU.

Everybody's after me...

EVERYONE'S AFTER YOU.

Everybody's after me...

EVERYONE'S AFTER YOU.

Everybody's after me...

EVERYBODY HATES YOU.

¤

A room was barred in illumination with a soft, pastel orangish blue; signaling a rising sun behind the city.

The room was painted a gentle angelic white, and innocent, flowing paintings were hung on these walls in old, gold painted frames; attempting to make the room feel more like home. Rather than that, it was just a place where the sick sat and suffered, even possibly died.

...

The pale light was only hitting places and reflecting in bars-- as the blinds did not allow for all of it to pass. It carefully selected the lights they trusted, only allowing that light through. The others were blocked out in shadowy, bent rectangular shapes.

A heartbeat monitor was pricking through the silence with a sharp, electronic beep. The thing took on the rhythm of a beating heart, and a tube attached to the monitor led to...

A fox, sitting upright in a hospital gown. The canines' body rested on a plush, lightly blanketed gatch electric bed. His face was curled in his knees, and rough, reddish arms hugged them. His whole figure shook and shook, his muzzle muttered strange and inaudible whines and growls.

While the room was being lit up softly with the calming blue and orange pastels of a rising sun, the curled ball of fearful energy seemed to be afraid of these lights.

In his mind, things were different, horrifying.

The rectangular shadows from the blinds made monstrous shadows, black, deathly veins that were creeping towards him. The paintings of flowers turned to mean, evil, red eyed mammals. They all stared and laughed.