Chapter 12 - Touch the Sun

The rain was pounding down unusually hard for the night; while it rained almost 24/7.

Judy was standing outside her tiny bathroom, leaning against the door, letting Nick shower.

"I'm sorry I don't have any food," Judy said over the sound of the running water. She heard the pattern of drops falling switch, motioning that he was paying attention.

"It's fine Judy. That's the least of my worries." She heard his voice dry and scraggly, with some sort of muffled tone to it; like he was sick.

She heaved her chest, and stepped away from the door, to her closet, where she pulled down a some blankets and two pillows. She laid out a little bed on the floor, and just as she clapped her hands with satisfaction, Nick shut off the water, and another battery of coughs were unleashed.

Judy sighed, the cold rain had probably gotten him sick. Already, while pacing the room, she made a mental note of things she needed; lots of fluids, a cold towel, and some Tylenol.

As if on autopilot, she gathered a bottle of Tylenol out of her drawer, a small towel from her small closet, and poured out some orange juice in a cup.

After laying them all out on the counter, with the exception of the small towel she kept in her paws, the rabbit laid deeply into the bed, which was growing crusty and the sheets smelling.

She had to wash them soon, but she'd always found herself all work & play, but never to clean her messes.

"J-Judy, I don't feel so good," His voice bogged out, and her suspicions were reassured when the clink of porcelain was heard, followed by the upchucking of vomit into toilet water.

She tuned her attention away from the nauseating sound, and back to the silence of the room; the confines of her own personal reality.

That was now being shared with a fox.

A male fox, at that.

Her cheeks puffed with stressed thoughts, and she rubbed her temples to massage them away.
Instead, they just refilled.

Calm down Bunny, he's just staying for a little while. You aren't going to pull any funny business, got it?! She screamed internally, mentally smacking herself.

Her confused thoughts and emotions were interrupted when the door opened, and out popped a pale looking Nick.... with a thin line of blood hanging from his lips.

"J-Judy..... I don' feel so good.." He sputtered, before the bent on all fours, and vomited on her floors... but the bile was a deep crimson red, the deepest shade of mushroom red.....

Judy jumped up like a spring, and helped pat his back to prevent him from choking on his own bile.

"Nick! Christ, what's going on!?" Judy cried, furiously hitting his back, as he started gasping for air, all the while spitting up his own blood.

"W-with-draw-" He spat up again, his eyes turning bloodshot red, every muscle tight and knotted, pointing to something out in the distance.

Her eyes began to tear with fear, she had no idea what was wrong with him or what he was pointing at.

His voice grasped onto what breath he had left; to which all was almost sucked into a black, fatal void.

"B-bag!"

Judy saw his paw point to near her door, where his duffelbag was, and quickly scampered to where it was. Just as she left him, he collapsed into the puddle of his own blood, seizing and writhing, eyes rolling into the back of his head, violently thrashing in quick, short, convulsed spasms.