dos

(by the way, in this book, neymar is twenty. not his actual age)

Audrey sat at the end of the dining table, waiting for the food to come to her since Laura wanted to be the one to serve everyone. Neymar sat opposite her, the atmosphere was still awkward since they didn't really know each other.

Laura places a glass of water in front of Neymar and gives him a peck on the cheek, Audrey turning away in disgust.

'What?' Laura asks before joining them on the table.

'Nothing,' Audrey mentions, putting her hands up in defense.

The three begin eating and after five minutes, everything changes. Laura was eating away, happily; Neymar was taking each bite slowly as he looked around the room, taking quick glances at Audrey; and Audrey? Audrey was too busy tapping away on her phone, the device buzzing with notifications, every second.

Neymar noticed Laura staring at Audrey with wide eyes, clearly shocked by her behaviour at the dinner table.

He thinks fast and clears his throat, all attention on him.

'So, who liked the potatoes? I cooked them,' he spoke, his eyes darting at Laura and then to Audrey.

'We know you did, babe,' Laura smiles, proudly, putting her hand over his.

Audrey places her phone down on the table and finally speaks to the pair, 'I didn't,' she indicated, 'But I should have known since Laura can't even cook her potatoes properly, so how could it be her?'

Laura gasps and Neymar bursts into laughter.

'Hey!' She chuckles, slightly irritated.

'You're so annoying to your sister but thank you,' Neymar states before wiping his mouth with his napkin.

Audrey smiles, fakely but Neymar and Laura knew that.

'Oh, god. Ney, you must hate her, she's never this annoying! Audrey just acts up in front of all my boyfriends!' Laura comments, giving Audrey a stern look.

'He knows I'm joking,' Audrey states, 'Don't you?' She asks, her eyes darting at him as if they were threatening him.

'Yeah, I do.'

'And quite frankly, I like her sass and attitude,' Neymar adds.

'Well, thank you,' Audrey says, getting up and tucking her chair in.

Just as Laura got up, Neymar had got up at the same time as her, both of their plates clashing together and falling into Laura's clothes. Covered with food, she was an absolute mess.

'Sorry babe, that was my fault,' Neymar feared, trying to rub off the food off of her clothes.

Laura didn't say much apart from repeatedly echoing, 'It's okay, it wasn't your fault.' Straight away, she ran upstairs to deal with her clothes.

Audrey had a cheeky grin on her face, she felt bad but secretly: she found it funny. So did Neymar since he gave a little laugh.

'Audrey, why are you smiling?' Neymar says, following her into the kitchen.

She smiles, heavily, 'Well, you found it funny too, clearly!'

'Shh,' he whispers, putting a finger to his lip, 'No one has to know that.'

Audrey smiles again and gives him a little wink.

'Help me with the dishes?' She asks.

'Sure,' Neymar says, disappearing to go get the plates and cutlery from the table.

The sound of the shower went off, implying that Laura dashed into the bathroom to clean herself up. Meanwhile, Neymar helped Audrey with the dishes by passing her the things she needed to wash up.

'You're so different to Laura,' Neymar acknowledged, walking into the kitchen with a pile of plates.

'Different, how?' Audrey asks, 'People say we're similar,' she shrugs.

'You are similar, in beauty but just... your personality, I guess?' He replies, this time next to her while she washed the dishes up.

Audrey adjusts her head slightly, to look at him, 'Is it because my sister is the one that everyone gets on with and then there's me, a usual sassy girl who happens to be not-so-perfect as her sister?' 

'As you can tell, I have a difficult life where I irritate everyone,' Audrey adds, laughing to herself.

Neymar shakes his head in disagreement, 'No, Audrey, I don't view you that way. Yes, you are different to Laura but that's the thing: You're unique. Different to everyone else and that's what makes you stand out. I've said this a billion times but you have this feisty attitude that makes me smile.'

Audrey turns to look back at him, staring into his pretty, hazel eyes. 

'Thank you,' she mutters, the water splashing of her hands as she stared at him.

'You know what,' she says, snapping out of her gaze, 'You're different too.'

Audrey doesn't finish her sentence since she just finished up all the washing, she wipes her hands on a towel and turns back to him.

'You're different because you're not like Laura's usual boyfriends,' she smiles, 'Since I actually like you, strangely,' she adds and then sassily struts away, leaving Neymar standing there.

He had a lost smile from her compliment. That was his first compliment from the 'sassy' seventeen-year-old.

'Unordinary girl,' he mutters under his breath, shaking his head.

Audrey rushed upstairs, running into Laura. Her hair tied in a messy bun, wearing her pink pyjamas. 

'Goodnight, my beautiful sister,' Audrey says, excitedly, kissing her sister on the cheek and running off into her bedroom.

Laura's eyes widen; she was in absolute shock. That was the rarest moment in her entire life.

'Did my sister just...' Laura whispers to herself, 'I don't know what happened but someone made her really happy,' Laura mutters, shaking her head as she walked down the stairs.