veintiuno

It continues. Laura yells at Neymar until everyone hears her voice, most of them ignoring her due to her annoying traits.

'I always knew you were up to something, that you were falling for another girl while we were together. The hypocrisy! You broke up with me because you said I cheated on you but look, you're the one who's been falling in love with this girl,' Laura pointed vigorously at Lydia, who was speechless.

Neymar looks at her, lost for words. He never knew Laura, ever. This was someone completely different to what he's seen before.

He didn't have any words coming out of his mouth making it look like she was right about him. This was definitely going to be the latest hot news.

Laura waited and waited for some sort of response but she couldn't wait any longer. She hated Lydia at the second, forcing herself to go and argue with her.

'You!' Laura yelled, continuing to get closer to Lydia, 'It's all your fault, now I'm going to teach you such a lesson that you won't ever forget!'

Lydia's eyes tightened in fear, she couldn't find the words to say anything. She was just a girl who couldn't even afford to pay her rent, how could she possibly live in their world of wealth?

Lydia had never been in these sort of situations before and the closer Laura got to her, the more frightened she got.

Before Laura could even say or touch her in anger, a hand stops her by her wrist, tightening every second.

'Ouch,' Laura mumbles, looking at the hand around her wrist.

'Get away from her,' Audrey says, her voice showered in anger.

Laura steps back and snatches her hand back, staring at the red mark Audrey had left her.

'Absolutely disgusting, this girl has nothing got to do with this. She's here for Rafinha. I know that because I just bumped into him earlier. I can't believe you blamed this poor girl for your actions. Neymar doesn't deserve you. I shouldn't have stuck up for you because you didn't deserve my support either,' Audrey stated, making Laura's eye water.

Laura wanted to stop there but she still had it in her to argue back.

'He clearly didn't have any interest in me, ever since we moved her. I've never questioned it before but- but now it hurts!' Laura says, her eyes glowing from the water in her eyes.

Audrey felt sorry for her and turned silent, she shook her head and wondered whether she should say something or not. But she didn't have to since someone else spoke before her.

'You want to know why?' Neymar asked, interrupting the conversation between the two.

Laura didn't say anything but she gave the look, in want for an answer.

'Because I had never loved you, I didn't even know what love was before I met Audrey.'

'Audrey?' Laura asks, confused.

'No, Neymar, don't!' Audrey panics, giving him a begging look.

'Yes. I have to tell her or she'll forever believe that I loved her,' Neymar replies to Audrey.

Laura raises her brows, she couldn't understand what they were talking about.

'Ever since I met Audrey, there was this connection I hadn't ever felt before even with you. I tried my hardest to fight it, maybe it was a little crush? But the more and more I started to see her, I felt this thing. Every time she smiled, it made me smiles. We enjoyed going out together, as friends. We went to that park that I once took you to, Laura, you hated it! You could see it in your face, but when I went with Audrey, it was amazing. It was the best feeling ever. That was the day I realized that I was in love with her.'

Silence. Well, at least in their world. The club was still going, louder than ever.

Laura didn't say anything, instead, she just ran away from the club. Her legs shaking as she exited the place.

Audrey looked at Neymar, her face showing disapproval. She didn't have time to say anything to him so she just shook her head and continued to chase after Laura. Neymar followed after them, leaving Lydia in shock.

Maybe it was time for her to leave. She didn't want to know any of them, her life was already bad as it was. There was no way that she was going to get between a couple of famous, rich adults.

Lydia sighed as she turned away, bumping into someone.

'Your name is Lydia, right? What do-'

'Yes, my name is Lydia and it's so nice to meet you. You seem like such a nice person but I have to go,' Lydia replies, tucking her fringe behind her ear as she tries to walk away.

Rafinha stares at her as she gets away and something inside of him tells him to go after her. She was mysterious and it made him want to know what exactly had just happened.

'Lydia, wait!' says Rafinha.

Lydia turns around and shakes her head, 'Sorry, I don't want to sound rude or anything but I can't be part of your life. So far, I hadn't even met you and there was drama here already. I have to go home if I still have one to go to.'

Rafinha raises his left eyebrow, what was she talking about? He needed to know her, immediately.

random question: who's your favourite footballer (to read fanfics on)?