veintisiete

The football game finished with Barcelona winning 3-0 against Leganes. Happily, the Barça players exited the stadium, leading their way to the changing rooms. Audrey and Lydia exited shortly after and headed towards the car park.

'Wow, I think I've lost my voice from all that yelling!' Lydia states as she tags along with Audrey.

Audrey agrees by nodding, 'Yeah, literally! This game was amazing. I'm so happy Denis scored twice!'

Lydia smiles, 'Yeah me too!' she replies and then leans her back on the car, 'I really, really want to know why Rafinha is so sweet to me. I'm not anything special, like why?'

Audrey leans back onto the car with Lydia and then sighs, 'Because he's crushing on you and I think he doesn't care about whether your wealthy or not. You're genuine, that's why.'

Lydia shifts her head to look at Audrey, 'Wow, that's so nice.'

'Oh and Audrey, you're a great friend. Can I tell you something, it's about Neymar?'

Audrey suddenly concentrates harder when she hears Neymar's name. Delicately, she flicks her fringe away and listens harder before she nods.

'I know it's none of my business but he's really in love with you and he told you ages ago but you didn't say it back until I actually asked you. I don't think he's that assured about it so maybe you should-'

'I will say it, I promise. When the time is right. What if I'm not the one? What if in a year, things change around?' Audrey questions, getting emotional.

Lydia laughs to lighten the mood, 'No one's asking you to get engaged with him, silly! Don't be scared to tell him that you love him, it's the only way you can move further and obviously don't say it if you don't mean it-'

Audrey cuts through before Lydia could finish, 'N-no! I love him like I really do. I can't even deny how jealous I was when he was with Laura.' she states and then squints her eyes to see two figures walking towards them, 'Hey, Ney and Rafa are coming, quick, talk about something else!'

Rafinha and Neymar approach the girls and hug each of them. Then Neymar looks at Rafinha, waiting for him to say what he wanted to say to Lydia. He waits for a while but doesn't say anything, making Neymar sigh.

'Okay, Lydia! Rafinha wanted to say something but he's too shy to say it so basically he wanted to take you to Rio with him.'

Lydia widens her eyes and gasps. 'What?'

'Yeah,' Rafinha says and scratches his head, 'It's true.'

Lydia doesn't say anything, her eyes just watered a bit. She doesn't know how to react so she just presses her lips against Rafinha's. 

Audrey and Neymar look at each other, smiling and probably admiring their OTP.

'Yeah, I'll go with you. I really want to know you too, like Audrey knows Neymar.'

Audrey was smiling but then her eyes widen at Lydia's response to Rafinha. She felt awkward and embarrassed as her cheeks flushed. Neymar noticed Audrey's cheeks becoming a rosy colour and began to laugh at her because of how cute the moment really was.

Audrey saw Neymar laughing which made her irritated so she opened the car door and sat inside, crossing her arms like a child.

Neymar realised that he made her a little cross and whispered, 'Yikes,' to himself and quickly said goodbye to Rafinha and Lydia, finding his way into the driver's seat.

Neymar starts the car and plays music from the radio and then looks at Audrey who was staring out of the window at Rafinha and Lydia. They were also getting in their car and had driven away before Neymar and Audrey could.

'Audrey?' Neymar asks as her head was facing the window.

'Yeah?

'I'm sorry,' says Neymar, truthfully for annoying her.

She looks away, making Neymar think that she was still annoyed with her so he turned back to the steering wheel and began to drive ahead.

Unexpectedly, Audrey puts her hand on Neymar's.

'I'm joking, I can't ever be mad at you, don't worry about that because I love you,' says Audrey, all of a sudden making Neymar widen his mouth from amusement.

He didn't know if his ears had heard that right so he looked at her, waiting for her to say it again.

'Yes, I love you Neymar Da Silva Santos Junior! Isn't it obvious?'

Neymar smiled fully, revealing his white teeth and his eyes were small. It was that genuine smile of his where it made you smile from it. It was beautiful and it was contagious.

'I love you too, Audrey Belle Smith,' he replies and then kisses her on the cheek, making her blush all over again.

Then she looks at the road signs which was definitely not leading them towards Neymar's house which made her question him.

'Where are we going?' Audrey asks.

'We're going to your favourite town where there are so many things to do. So first, we'll go to the beach and then go to the carnival,' Neymar explains as he stops in front of Subway.

Audrey gasps with huge eyes, 'Woah! That's a lot but it seems so exciting! I really don't care where we go, though, as long as I'm with you, it's fun!'

Neymar puts an arm around her, 'Well, we'll quickly get food and then to a mall so we can get appropriate clothes for today.'

'Neymar, you make me the happiest, honestly.'

'And you make me the best person I've always wanted to be.'

Neymar and Audrey get out of the car and walk into Subway, ordering food and then sit back in the car so they can eat as they drive to the mall which wasn't far away. So, they arrive faster than they imagined. 

'Audrey, sit here and eat, I'll buy it for you.'

'No, wait!'

'I'll be quick, I promise, beautiful.'