Chapter 3

**Mackenzie's POV**

**The next day**

After Hayes' last night, with playing video games I had a head ache. I took a shower and it slowly calmed my headache down. I washed my face, as always. I got dressed in my new hollister pants, a black beanie, and a plain black victoria secrets sweater. I was ready, got my phone, and an extra controller just in case Jordan comes over. It was Sunday and their mom, stepdad, Skylynn, and will went to the mall. They would most likly be there for a while. I just walked in, and saw jordans shoes. I just decided to walk to hayes room since my sister and Nash we watching a movie. I tip toed up the stairs and heard them talking. I didn't want to just WALK in so I was about to knock until i heard my name come out of Jordans. "Hayes, I just think that she's just going to cause problems" I was confused. "She's not Jordan. Can you please be nice to her? She's my best friend, and it's just going to cause problems with Nash and Hailey, & my brother would be mad." "Okay whatever, but Im not talking to her and you should limit your talking with her too." "Why Jordan? She's my good friend. I know she annoys me too. But she be somewhat respect ful, okay?" I rolled my eyes and started crying. "Hey Mack, where are you going? Nash asked. "Home. Not feeling so good." "Oh okay I'll let hayes kn-" "No don't do that. Please just don't i'll text him later" "okay.." "Bye nash!" I walked out and ran to my house. I stripped off my uncomfortable clothes and put a sweatshirt and a t-shirt on and snuggled up in bed. I decided to not watch t.v. and I scrolled through instagram, and saw a picture with Jordan and hayes. I close out of the app and just starred at my phone for a moment. 

Hey where are you? Hayes asked Home, i instantly replied back Oh, are you coming over :) I rolled my eyes, like he wanted me over. Um, no. I think i'll stay in for the day... I was kind of mad.. Furious. He's just letting his girlfriend decide for him. Please come over. I want you to meet her. He was obviously clueless i was over there. Hayes. I heard you guys. I already came over.. I'm not going back there, please, just leave me a l o n e. I already don't feel good, and to be honest, no one has ever treated me that way. Don't act like you want me over. I'm taking a nap, please, just don't text back. I looked at the screen as it said "Read at 1:49 pm." I actually thought he was ACTUALLY sorry. Am I getting mad for no reason? I thought to myself. My phone got a notification, and it was hayes Im so sorry. Wanna talk when she leaves? I thought to myself for a moment. It's not like you want to anyway, Hayes. We haven't hung out in 3 weeks. you never texted me, and not to mention, you never even told me you had a girlfriend. What kind of best friend is that? I came over a few times and you never were there. I set my phone down, and got an instant reply, Please, can we just talk? I sighed and gave in Okay, meet me at the park  at 3:30. Thats when Jordan leave for cheer practice.

I impatiently waited for 3:30. I don;t even know why i agreed. When 3:30 came aroound I saw Hayes on the swing as usual. I walked over and joined the swing next to him. No one was here besides a girl over with her parents eating at the tables. 

**Hayes POV**

"Okay look, I know we haven't been getting alone, and we never fight like this. Im sorry okay? I was just going along with her because I didn't want her to be mad. Mack, Im sorry. I love you, you're my best friend." It actually hurt me to say "best friend". I've had secret feelings for her since we were 11. I just nevr had the time to ask her out. When I asked out Jordan I thought it was the right thing. I love Jordan, I truly do, but I feel like she's choosing my friends. But I really like Jordan Idk.

"Okay Hayes, but this is getting to far, please, just don't do it again." "I promise I won't, he said with a smile. "Hey wannt go climb that tree we used to climb when we were 11?" "Yeah sure" she said. I always had to lift her up, i thought it was cute that she couldn't climb. I cupped both my hands together, and lifted her up. She got up, but her shoe slipped, I see her falling down. Luckily I caught her. But I didn't put her down.. Why? I don't know. I was looking at her beautiful green eyes. He blonde her. She looked at me for a moment until i put her down. "Okay lets time this again" she giggled. She managed her way up, and I followed her up. We carved a bunch of stuff up here. So we stopped coming up here this year, when we drifted. So i came up here by myself and wrote a bunch of things like "Mack is beautiful," and " I miss you  Mack" I totally forgot. But she giggled and thought it was cute "Oh no.." I said. "No, Hayes, its cute. You actually liked me?" "Yeah, beginning of the year." I looked at all the other stuff we wrote. I looked at one that was the very first one we carved in the tree. "Mack + hayes = bffz" it was cute how she put "Bffz" and there was a drawing. "Hayes?" She asked. "yeah?" I replied. "Do you think it would be different if this year never happened? Like if you never met Jordan?" "Maybe. I mean we would still be hanging out more." "Yeah," she said."Well it's getting late" she said. Time flew by fast. We were here for 2 hours, and since Daylight savings it gets dark around 5. "You're right." I hopped down and helped her down. She was always scared. I walked her home and texted Jordan. I miss Mack..