Darkness Creeps In

You know what I decided we have not checked in on Annabeth and Camp Half-Blood in a while so why don't we anyways new chapter here you go before we start the first day of school (yep about 15 chapters in and the main part hasn't even started)

As the night carries on in Scotland dawn begins to break across Camp Half-blood. Apollo's chariot slowly drifts across the sky dropping ribbons of light on to the ground. One camper stands in the sunlight watching it descend upon the camp.

The ribbons shimmered across her hair giving it a look of spun gold. Her appearance looked ethereal and warm set in the golds and pinks of the sun rise, and yet her eyes didn't match.

Her eyes where stormy gray and flashes of lighting and shadows battled inside her irises. She stood under the dining pavilion in the center of the camp surveying the entirety of the camp. Her ears strained to pick up any noise from something as loud as the frantic rousing of campers in the morning to something as soft as a gentle bird call.

Nothing

There was no sound in the camp in the camp apart from the few soft snores of campers fast asleep and her own quiet breathing. She nodded, almost smiling, satisfied with the quiet.

Her hand reaches down in to the pocket of her shorts grasping at the small cloth pouch and pulling it out in to the open. A gentle tug on the leather chord unraveled the tightly woven pouch as it fell open in her hand. Inside sat a small pile of pitch colored particles dusted with ivory.  She brought it towards her face as her lips curled inwards and she took a deep breath through her nostrils.

She breathed out scattering the dust across the camp watching it float gently to the ground. She stared as small ivory colored blossoms bloomed across the grass and buildings. They were small, delicate, and held an eye catching beauty to them.

A wry smiled pulled across her face as she thought of the irony in the appearance of the tiny flowers and the purpose they served. She giggled her eyes brightened with mirth and sparkled with insanity. "I wonder," she whispered aloud, "how happy my master will be when they see how well the big surprise they have in store for my dear home is going." 

She lets out another airy giggle plucking one of the flowers from the ground. She smiled down at the blossom cradling it in her hands as if it were a small child. She rubbed her fingertips across the ivory petals before grabbing them ripping of the petals one by one. She held the tattered remains of the flower in her and staring at the center and the bleach white petals that lay in the palms of her hands. She dropped the stem and its center to the ground and brought the petals to her mouth and blowing a soft breeze from her lips scattering the remains in to the air.

She smiled again, tight and controlled as the petals dissipated in to a blood red dust falling on the ground beside her. Annabeth glanced down just in time to watch the stem shift in to a dark shadow slowly creeping towards the scattered dust under the flowers creating a maze of black roots.

She shakes her head slightly looking up towards the clear blue sky. "Yes, master will be pleased, though I can't help but wonder what Percy will think. Won't he be pleased."

At that moment if someone had taken the time to stare in to the eyes of the young girl they would be able to see it. The cracks that ran through her eyes deep in to her soul. They would be able to see the cloud of insanity drifting in to her eyes. They would be able to see the silent cries of help from a lost and broken girl.

But this never would happen for instead anyone who could even hope to save the girl was far away tucked in to the warmth of a blanket and floating in the vast ocean of dreams and nightmares. And as hope for a savior slipped quietly and discretely from her mind something more sinister began to take hold.

And done for now. I still will not have an update schedule can't do that sorry. Oh but I got a new computer so thats cool and I just have to work out the exact details of the first day (finally nearing the first day of actually lessons I hope this isn't to confusing) um I kind of hope thus will tie you guys over I'm very sorry for the shortness of the chapter but I hope you guys are still enjoying the story despite the minor inconsistencies um I hope I didn't lose to many readers I really just want to inspire people with my stories I mean I'm never going to stop this story till it ends but it would be nice if you guys commented more .......often... I hope that isn't to much to ask I just.... sometimes its hard to remember that people care about this story I just hope you guys will stay by my side and support me.... um anyways thanks for reading any of my shit I hope I haven't wasted your time