I'ts Strange

Being at Hogwarts is surreal to Will. The magic that exist around every corner seems to always surprise and interest him to no end. He can't help but be fascinated at every intricate detail of the castle. Everything, from the moving staircase to the magical talking paintings, drew his eyes like a fly to a spider's honey woven web and honestly in this case he didn't even try to break free from its grasp. Yes Hogwarts itself was truly incredible.

Everyone woke up just in time to got to the Great Hall for breakfast thankfully without any unwelcomes wake up calls. Even so strangely enough both Serina and Percy looked incredibly exhausted. Being a healer at heart it was only natural for Will to try and talk to them both. They both brushed him off with a simple smile avoiding any and all physical contact with him.

He watches as Serina runs ahead of the group dragging Nico along by the arm talking a mile a minute. Nico only flashes a small brief smile before leaning over and whispering something into her ear. She wraps her arms around him burying her face in his neck as they walk trying, and failing, to stiffle her laughter.

It feels like something is squeezing his heart as he watches them move apart and lace their hands together. A weight settles on to his chest as he watches them both visibly relax from the contact and Will wants to scream. He wants to scream and shout and drag them far far away from each other because its not fair. Its not fair how relaxed Nico is with this girl instead of him, its not fair, it's not, its not, its not. His fist clench around the fabric of his clothes and he bites at the inside of his cheek. He continues to stare at the two envying the comfort the share with each other and his mind wanders back to the time when he first met Serina.

Been a while since we had a good flashback

They met her in the middle of the night when they were arguing. Nico had decided to make the extremely intelligent decision to practice summoning things from the Underworld in the forest in secret. Now this would have been okay if it was one or two small animal skeletons but no, he decided to practice summoning spirits without the use of a ritual. Needless to say about five dryads had dragged him, completely unconscious, in to the infirmary after the campfire complaining that he was killing their roots.

Will had just finished putting all the other patients to be when they had come pounding on the door of the infirmary. They dragged him in, dumped him on the ground and stomped out. When he finally came to Will was there to talk and said talk turned (as their little talks often do) in to a small (quiet everyone was asleep already) screaming match.

They had both walked away fuming with anger. Nico had ran to Thalia's tree or something and Will had taken to cleaning his medical supplies (for the fourth time today) a process he found very soothing.

About a half hour later Nico had burst in again looking frantic. He grabbed Will and practically dragged him to the edge of the border. There under Thalia's tree laid a petite little girl caked in dirt, monster dust, and dried blood. Her body was shaking and her breathing shallow and her skin was sickly pale (which is impressive considering her skin tone was a more earthy color she definitely was not of caucasian descent) (yeah she is Polynesian not gonna touch on that anymore cause its not particularly important) She sat clinging to a backpack rocking silently back and forth with a blank expression.

Will rushed forward placing his hand gently on the girls leg. She flinched slightly, her body tensing but said nothing continuing to blankly look in to the distance. His lips parted slightly as he began humming a quiet and hurried hymn to help assess the damage. A broken rib, several long and deep laceration on her back and side from claws (hopefully a hellhound but the possibility of it being something worse was always there) that was already running a mild infection, and a particularly nasty blow to the head that would (hopefully) only cause a concussion and nothing worse.