Truths

Hey guys! Just letting everyone know that the ages aren't correct. Monroe is 25 and Adam, Jesse and the guys beside Matt are 27. I hope it's not confusing I just like the 20s because that's when it's still acceptable to have fun and act young without being called immature! Hope you guys like it! Don't forget to vote and comment!

~Ali M.

Adam's POV

"Monroe!" Mickey yelled and ran to her, hugged her and spun her around. I was frozen. I haven't seen her since that day and she has changed a lot. Memories started flashing through my head as my feet stayed planted to the floor while Matt was introduced to her and they all started talking. I decided to put my big boy pants on and walk over.

"So Roe do you still play?" Jesse must be asking about her playing the guitar. I noticed she hasn't left his side under his arm at all. I'm not surprised though Jesse was always her protector. "Ad let me see your guitar." He put out his hand for my guitar.

"Not until I get a hi from her." I said with as little emotion as possible. Her head shot to me and we made eye contact for the first time in 8 years. She quickly looked away and took a deep breath and took a few steps until she was standing in front of me. She took another deep breath and looked up at me with glossy eyes. I must have forgotten how beautiful her blue green eyes were because I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"H-Hi Adam." Her angelic voice was soft and nervous sounding. Out of the corner of my eye I see Jesse ushering everyone one out of the room and they all look confused. I silently thanked Jesse as he closed the door behind him.

"Hey MJ." I said just above a whisper. She smiled that beautiful smile she's always had and a tear ran down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away and giggled. I grabbed her by her hips and pulled her to me and wrapped my arms around her in a hug. She buried her face in my shoulder and I could tell she was crying as she held on to the back of my shirt.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Ad!" She cried. I didn't know what to say to her, I was still mad about that day and mad at her because she just disappeared into thin air. She shattered my heart and I've never been the same.

"Just stop! Don't apologize when you don't mean it!" I yelled at her anger evident in my voice and stepped away from her. I turned around and started to walk towards the other side of the room. She stayed in the spot I left her in and looked at the ground. Jesse knocked on the door and peeked his head in.

"Hey guys, no fighting please!" He said in a worried tone. He walked back in with the rest of the guys and you can feel the tension in the room. Monroe took another deep breath and wiped her eyes before looking at them and giving a fake smile.

Monroe's POV

"You guys wanna see what I could do on the guitar?" I asked while trying to hide the pain that Adam just caused. As all the guys besides Adam shouted yeahs I couldn't help but smile. Time to show off a little.

I walked the few feet to where Adam's guitar was resting against the table and picked it up. I didn't have to look in his direction to know he was shooting daggers at me with his eyes. I plugged the guitar into the amp and strummed the guitar. I smirked at Jesse as everyone went silent and all eyes were on me. I started my riff and Matt and James' mouth dropped open while Jesse and Mickey just smiled at me. Adam on the other hand looked bored so I ignored him. I played for a few more minutes and ended it exactly how I wanted to. Jesse, Matt, Mickey and James all were on their feet and clapping for me.

"Where did you learn to play like that?" James asked as he unplugged the guitar from the amp for me.

"Adam and Jesse taught me one summer when I was 13. We hung out everyday and I was bored of just singing so I asked and they taught me." I smiled and shrugged at the memory.