Distractions

Jesse's POV

A Few Days Later

I walked into our studio after already being an hour late. The guys are gonna kill me. I should have known talking to Roe all night was going to be a bad idea in the morning. I reached our room and went in expecting the worse.

"Jesse!" The guys yelled together. What the hell? "Where have you been?" James asked scooting over on the couch for me. I shook my head and laughed at my explanation.

"One word: Roe. I called her last night out of boredom and I completely forgot about how much she can talk." All the guys laughed. "Just wait until you get to know her, you'll see." I said looking at James and Matt.

"It's true. She's a talker, a good one at that, that girl talked her way through most of our classes in high school. She's a good listener too." Mickey said laughing. "She has ADHD so it's kind of expected but she got it handled a long time ago."

"Why doesn't she ever come and hang out with us?" Matt asked. "Do we make her uncomfortable?" He motioned towards James and hisself. I laughed at him wholeheartedly.

"Roe is barely uncomfortable around anybody but she's running her own company so she's not free a lot of the time." The guys nodded in understanding and started to go back to doing their own things. "Oh I hope you guys don't mind but I told her I would take Orion off her hands today. She has a gallery she has to prepare for tonight and Orion asked me if he could stay with me. She's coming around noon and said she'll bring lunch for us. What are you doing Adam?" He was laughing looking at his phone. He made a weird face real quick at the screen and then looked at me.

"What? Oh I'm Snapchatting MJ. She's bringing Orion here a little later so he can hang out with us." He looked at all of us as we tried to hold in our laughter. "What?" We laughed hard at him.

"Adam, Jesse just told us all of that." James said to him. Adam's phone beeped and he picked it up and smiled at it. He took a screenshot and then took another picture but with all of us in it. "We lost him to another girl didn't we, Jess?"

"Nah, if anything we got the right Adam back. They just reconnected after 8 years of radio silence so they're getting to know each other again." I shrugged and looked over at Adam who was zoned into his phone again laughing every time his phone beeped and took weird pictures of himself. "He'll be back to normal soon, just let him get his MJ fix." I laughed and waited a few more minutes. "Hey Ad! Let's get started!" He looked up at me and rolled his eyes then typed something quick on his phone before shoving it in his pocket.

"Alright, let's go." He clapped his hands together and grabbed his notebook and guitar. I smiled at the guys and they shook their heads at me. "I've been writing a new song." Adam said as he flipped through his notebook and showed us.

We played around for a while finding chords and beats to go with the song Adam had written. It was a great song and I couldn't help but feel grateful that Roe was back in our lives. Adam was happier since their lunch date and it was a lot easier on all of us.

An hour later there was a knock on the door and then Orion's head peeked in, he smiled and walked the rest of the way in. "Hey guys!" He waved.

"Hey Orion!" He came and stood next to me in our circle. "Where's your mom?" I ruffled his hair and he grabbed my hand nudging my leg with his elbow.

"She's coming. She was grabbing the food when I ran in here. Be prepared for some yelling." He rolled his eyes and then they widened them as he heard his name being called from the doorway.

"Orion Skyler Jennings." He turned towards her and she pointed to the floor in front of her and he reluctantly walked over to her with his head down. She knelt down to his level and had him look at her in the eye. "You are not going to get in trouble right now because the guys are here but when we get home later we will talk about your listening skills. I swear Ri, if Jesse or any of the other guys give me a bad report on how you act, I will take every guitar away from you for a week and no park for a week." All the guys looked at each other speechless with our jaws dropped.