One Last Hope - CCGTG 18

"Die," the single word triggered something. Not anything inside of Kaneki, no, it triggered something inside of Suzuya. "Die?...." A crazy laugh sounded from the male as he stood up, leaving Diana to rest on the ground. His bangs shadowed his eyes and as he tilted his head, his bangs revealed a set of insanity driven eyes that were never meant to be set free. "Let's all die! It sounds like it'll be the most fun thing in the world!" He giggled as he opened his shirt, revealing a large amount of knives. 

The first knife that landed hit the guy standing to Kaneki, his arm spouted blood and a choked scream escaped him as he fell. Kaneki quickly moved, as did all the doves nearby that weren't yet hit with Suzuya's knives. He laughed as tears slid down his pale cheeks.

Kaneki held onto Touka, looking at his other friend. "Hide...." He mumbled shakily, knowing he couldn't carry both Touka and Hide. "Go." Hide mouthed to Kaneki, his friend's eyes wide from his willingness to sacrifice himself.

"Thank you....Hide." Not a moment after, Kaneki used his kagune to escape. "Come back here!" Suzuya's scream cut through the air, making Kaneki try to move faster. Suzuya growled and threw more knives, exerting his body.

One stray knife landed on Kaneki's shoulder, causing him to almost drop Touka. He stumbled, barely but managed to run away from the demolished building. He just barely escaped when the rest of the building suddenly collapsed. He continued to run until he reached a empty alleyway. He held Touka's limp body close, tears falling from his eyes as he held in a scream that was try its best to force its way out. 

What would he do now?

After a moment of regaining his composure, he stood up straight. First of all, he had to get Touka help. It wasn't an option to not to do so. He began to head for Anteiku, barely taking notice to the knife sticking out from his shoulder. 

Hide's POV (IDK if I can surprise you guys anymore T.T) 

As I mouthed to Kaneki to go, I looked over at Diana-Chan's limp body. I mentally scoffed at myself, of course I'd be the one to get stuck here with a psychopathic kid and his dead girlfriend. I mean, it was obvious that Kaneki liked her but I could tell, he wasn't as into her as she thought.

Dodging a few of the knives, I walk over to Diana and look at her for a moment. A sigh escapes my lips, "here we go." I kneel down and begin to perform CPR, much like Suzuya was earlier. As I do so, I rip the edge of my shirt and tie it around her neck lightly, making sure the blood flow would stop spilling from her neck, it it were really still pumping.

"Come on Diana-chan, you've got your friends waiting." I whisper, taking her hand and checking her pulse. 'Wait.... it was faint... but it was there!' I smile a bit to myself, continuing to work with that. "We need you Diana-chan, wake up for me, for everyone." I begged quietly, leaning down to push more air into her lungs.

"Get away from her!" I jerk up at the shout and my neck narrowly misses being hit by the kid's knife. "Hey! Calm down! She's alive!" I called, putting my hands up and standing, taking a step away from Diana. "You can look for yourself." The kid walks forward, still holding a knife, and kneels down to check Diana' pulse with her unbroken arm.

I look past the kid, Suzuya I think, and my eyes widened at all the damage he caused. All the doves were dead, knives embedded in their skin. He hit their most vital points. 'He is definitely a bit smarter than he looks.' I look back to Suzuya, smiling as he begins to work with Diana. "Anna-chan, wake up." He hicupped through his tears.

I took note of the blood flowing from a gash on his head, doubting it was the only wound he had. Diana wasn't responding to him, so I decided to speak up. "She needs medical attention... I-I know someone near here, they can help.... but we've got to go now." I offered, looking down at the two injured.

I would grab Diana but I'm positive Suzuya wanted to carry her away from here, he wouldn't allow me near her again and I knew it. "Fine...where?" I sighed in relief as he agreed. "This way, just follow me." I turned and waited for a moment so he could pick up Diana, then I began to lead them out of the demolished building.

18+18+18+18+18+18

Tbh I can't remember where I was going with this fanfic, but I get to write again so I'll try and come up with something. However, no promises. Any plot recommendations are welcome and I'll give credit to the one I use. Btw, I know this chap is short, I'm trying to get my feel for writing back lol.

Anyway,

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW!

~Animeandmusic