Recognized, That's a First - CCGTG 2

I wake up the next morning, looking in the mirror for a moment. 'Smile, smile, smile, smile!' I continue to chant in my mind until a smile breaks onto my face. I nod in satisfaction and get ready. My light purple hair is curly, due to it getting wet yesterday and I push it into a ponytail.

I sigh as I head to school, wearing a bright red sweater that goes to my thighs and a pair of jeans underneath. My satchel is over my shoulder, sadly when I dried it some of my things were ruined. I pull a hoodie on and pull the hood up. "Dianna-Chan!" I look up, I'm almost at the college so who is calling me?

"Dianna-Chan!" I finally see Touka and run over to her. "Touka? What're you doing here?" I ask, a little nervous. "I wanted to apologize for yesterday, I didn't mean to be rude but I didn't want you hurt because a friend of mine had recently been attacked by a ghoul." My eyes widen, "oh. Its okay Touka, I understand."

She smiles and I hug her, "I'll see you later then?" I nod, "I'll be there after classes." She waves and runs off. 'I do feel slightly better now...I wonder who was attacked...?' I shrug and walk to class, 'maybe I'll get a gift for them if they're okay or bring roses to their grave.' I'm so deep in thought, I don't notice a boy with an eye patch and bump into him.

Hands grab my arms before I can fall and I look at the person, Kaneki Ken.... "S-Sorry!" I immediately apologize to him and his friend Hide. I remember him from when I first arrived in Japan, he was in my math class right before we went to college. "Its alright," he smiles at me and I blush a little. "I'm Kaneki by the way, Kaneki Ken."

I look down, so he doesn't remember me. "She already knows us Kaneki-Kun." Hide speaks up and I look at him, 'h-he...remembers me...?' Kaneki looks confused, "how?" Hide laughs and hits Kaneki's back playfully. "She was in our math class! The student from overseas?" Kaneki's eyes widen and I nod.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I forgot!" I giggle a little at his panic, "its alright. I don't mind. I'm Dianna, Dianna-." I'm cut off by Hide, "Maylen." My eyes widen even more and I blush, "y-yeah...." Kaneki holds out textbooks, "I-I saw y-you drop these yesterday."

Kaneki holds out my books and I frown, my face going red from embarrassment. "O-Oh, thanks..." I mumble and take the dried books. "Do you want to have lunch with us today? I notice you usually sit alone." Hide offers and I'm starting to get creeped out.

'How observant is he? He is always joking, even in class so...' I nod a little, "I-I guess as long as you don't mind." He grins and Kaneki smiles. "Of course not!" Hide shouts and Kaneki flinches a little at his volume. I notice Kaneki sniff the air. "Something wrong?" I ask and he shakes his head, eyeing me like I'm a piece of meat.

"Um...okay, I have class so....I'll see you guys around." I turn and bolt, hearing Hide scold Kaneki about creeping me out.

My classes pass by with little problems, unless you count the jeers made by my classmates. I run a to meet Kaneki and Hide, it was a little dark. My lunch for today is after all my classes so I assume theirs is too.

I see them waiting and I smile, 'they actually did....keep their promise.' I run over to them, "Kaneki! Hide!" I shout and they turn around. "Oh, Maylen-Chan!" Hide grins and greets, Kaneki waves. I blush, realizing I forgot what Touka told me. "S-Sorry, I-I forgot I-I'm supposed to call y-you with a title..."