Aria's Guilt

Aria's P.O.V

Oronno drops me in front of my house and then he leaves without saying a single word. I stand at the door and watch him going.

I keep standing until he was out of my sight.

He is so mad at me. Why he would not be. I am such a selfish girl. I left Rahi like a selfish girl. Shame on me. I unlocked the door and enter my home. Mom is not home. So, I am all alone.

I go to the dinning table and drink a glass of water. I look at the clock. It is 9:35 pm.

I sat onto the floor. Oronno's words are running in my head. There is a subtle feeling that what I have done was not right. And it does not take the subtle feeling any time to turn into the feeling of guilt.

I take my phone and call my mom.

"Hello, Aria."
"Hello, Maa. You reached safely?"
"Yes. How are you? How are you doing?"
"I am good Maa. Umm...Maa.."
"Yes? Is there anything you want to tell me?"
"Actually Maa, I was feeling a bit afraid to stay alone at night. You know I have not ever stayed alone at night."
"So, what do you want to do now?"
"I was thinking of going to Rahi's home."
"Who? You new friend? Her parents are okay with it? And how will you go there? It is 9:40 at night."
"Yes, they are absolutely okay with it. And Rahi will send her car to pick me up."

Wow!! What a great liar I am!!

"Okay. You can go. Don't disturb them much. And get back to home before 9 am tomorrow."

"Thanks Maa. Bye."

I hang up the call. Then I take my bag and go outside.

It is 9:45 at night. I take a rickshaw and I go to Rahi's home.

The road is not very much crowded today. The rickshaw is going with a good a speed.

Suddenly my phone starts to ring. It is a call from an unknown number. I receive the call.

"Hello."
"Hello, am I talking to Aria?"
"Yes. But I could not recognize you."
"I am Rahi's dad. Dear, is she with you? She hasn't come home yet."

I just get frozen there after hearing this. I am unable to move and I am feeling so weak.

What!! She is not home yet!!

"Uncle I am coming to your house," I say and I hang up the phone.

Where is Rahi?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi my friends,
Hope you all are fine.
The next chapter will be really really tragic. And some of you may start hating me. But believe me, it is what reality is like....
But one thing you can stay sure about is, when I will end this story, I will give it a happy and positive ending.

**Adrija**