thirty

"Right Here, Right Now"

• Aira's pov •

Ever since we got back from Busan, everything changed. Jungkook was grieving deeply at Minyoung's death, which was caused by brain cancer. I heard that the reason she broke up with Jungkook was because she didn't want to be a burden to him.

I've been constantly taking care of him, being there for him not as a girlfriend, more like a friend. At least, that's how I see it. It's clear to both of us that we're each other escape and distraction. We both know what we wanted, but we're too much of a coward to admit it.

Jungkook has been fooling himself to think he hates Minyoung, but truth is, he was waiting for her. As for me, I was just tired of the pressure of having to marry at such young age and Hyungwon's childish attitude kept driving me on edge, making me want to take a break. Jungkook lost his chance, but I still got mine and I'm not letting go of it.

Which brings us to the one and only Chae Hyungwon. After our little getaway to the beach, I never saw him again after that. He flew back to Seoul the very next day and has been clearly avoiding me and his friends. He ignored my calls, texts and every other type of communication, which confused the hell out of me.

"Aira?" I snapped back to reality and looked up to see Jungkook, who's awake from his slumber

"You're awake. How's the headache?" He sat down on the couch and next to me, massaging his forehead

"Better", he replied shortly, making me smiled forcefully at him

He had gotten much quieter and depressed. I don't really mind that, but it made me feel like I'm his personal maid. I wanted to tell him about my real feelings, but I just can't.

"You shouldn't be moving around too much", I signalled him to lay down on the bed but he refused

"I've had enough sleep", he stood up, "I'm going to go get some fresh air"

"Should I accompany you?" I hesitantly asked as he shook his head and put on his coat

"I'll get going", he said without expression and left me alone, no last glance or whatsoever that couples do everytime the other one wants to leave

"Well damn, I too need some air but I still keep my attitude in check", I grabbed my jacket and stormed out, slamming the door behind me

Maybe a walk in the park to ease my raging yet suppressed emotions.

• Third person's pov •

Aira was taking a nice relaxing stroll in the nearby park, trying to clear her mind. She was concerned about Jungkook, but she was truthfully thinking about Hyungwon. How she misses him and how she finally came into conclusion that she loves him. She wants to be with him and this time, for eternity.