Chapter 4

Kara felt confused as she flew toward the warehouse location Alex told her to meet her at. She had almost confessed to Lena that need, that desire she had for her.

She couldn't help it, but sometimes when they were alone, Kara wanted to kiss her. Lena was beautiful, but not just in a physical way, but when she was vulnerable, when she was fierce, when she was almost flirtatious, she was a force.

Kara found her hard to resist.

Alex and Maggie were waiting for her outside of the warehouse.

"We traced the vehicles back to this location." Alex informed her as she landed.

Kara examined the site with her vision. She huffed.

"Lead." That narrowed down suspects. Kara's jaw tightened. Lex.

Alex and Maggie exchanged looks.

"I'm calling in reinforcements." Alex tapped her ear. "J'onn."

Maggie frowned at Kara.

"Something bothering you, Super?"

Kara shook her head. She didn't realize she was pacing. Maggie grew nervous watching her.
"They'll be here any minute." Alex told her.

Kara stopped pacing. She took in deep breaths, attempting to calm herself.

An explosion shook the ground, then another, and another from inside the building. Kara knew they didn't have time to wait. She rushed the door, breaking it open.

The vans were going off, one by one. Kara yelled back at Alex and Maggie, "Clear the area!"

"Maggie!" Kara heard Alex call after her girlfriend.

She turned to see them chasing after a figure running away from the warehouse.

Kara swiftly caught up with him. She plucked him from the ground easily. He hung, like a doll from her fist.

He struggled against her hand.

Kara felt anger well up within her. It was the one she sometimes struggled with. This time it was fueled by her fear for Lena.

"Let me go!" The man yelled.

Kara knew it was cruel, but she did as he asked. She dropped him, catching him before he hit the ground. He had screamed the whole way down.

She dropped him with Alex and Maggie and let them take him in for questioning. She needed to go.

"Kara!" She heard Alex call to her, but Kara couldn't turn back. She needed something, anything to take her mind off of her rage, her fear.

Alex found her a few hours later, at the alien bar. Kara had downed a quite a number of shots and was clearly drunk.

M'gann had called Alex, worried for the girl. Kara had begun to display her strength. She was worried one of the aliens might begin to suspect who else Kara might be.

As Kara beat yet another alien at arm wrestling, Alex slipped patted the guy on the shoulder.

"Alright everyone, time to go." There were groans.

"Ah come on, Alex!" Kara slurred. "Don't ruin the fun!"

"Kara, you're drunk." Alex gave her a look.

Kara pouted.

"Fine." Kara staggered to her feet. Alex struggled to hold her weight.

She helped her out of the bar and into Maggie's car grumbling about kryptonians getting heavier when intoxicated.