Chapter 11

Ooooo 3 updates in one day I'm on a roll  😉

They were learning to be ahead of Lex now.

The DEO had started keeping surveillance on him after his attack on Lena as she was on a date with Kara. They had the realization that he might soon realize who Kara was before Lena did.

He was somehow bribing guards to get information and hits out to his people on the outside. The DEO would get a replacement only for the replacement to be corrupted within days. He was so convincing.

It was like his superpower, only he had none.

Kara sped past cars, knowing her target. The agent set to watch Lena would not be fast enough.

She was in the middle of addressing a crowd, revealing some new marketing strategy and a product. Kara should have been there in a reporting capacity, but would have to be there in a much bigger manner.

Especially as several of Lex's paid men converged on the area.

He was going all in, 6 hitmen, planted in multiple places, and 4 more in the crowd. Kara was truly, tired of him.

He was going to be put in no contact solitary.

"We at L-Corp hope to usher in a future-," Kara was truly sorry to interrupt what she knew was probably an awe-inspiring speech as several red laser points focused on Lena Luthor. Lena was lifted, breathlessly into the air, as Kara tucked her into herself and pulled her up and away from the first of the shots.

Kara ignored the screaming and rushing crowd as she removed Lena from the danger. The DEO had designated a place to bring her. Kara flew her to a ring of agents which included Alex.

"I'm sorry." Kara told her, meaningfully.

Rather than being angry, Lena gazed at her, thoughtfully.

"Just do what you have to, Supergirl." She told her.

Kara nodded her acceptance and was up and away to take care of Lex's men.

It took hours and Kara had rounded up all but one.

She wanted to scream. She wanted to go to Lex's cell and pound him into mush for trying to kill his own sister. She wanted to rip him apart.

She really wanted to wrap herself around Lena and protect her forever.

She couldn't. Right now, Lena needed her to be Supergirl, even if Lena didn't know she was Supergirl so that she could find all of Lex's stupid hitmen and put them away and then perhaps make sure Lex never saw another human being for the rest of his existence.

"Supergirl, come in." Alex called her over her earpiece.

"Alex." Kara answered quickly.

"I don't know how, but the last one slipped our defenses, he's got Lena." Alex told her.

Kara's heart jumped into her throat. She didn't think and simply moved faster than ever before, her mind only on Lena.

Using her enhanced senses to zero in, Kara found her target. She was on them before he could react, ripping gun away from her Lena's head.