Chapter 10

I just love this fan made video^^ and I thought I should share it with you all (: THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading,voting, and leaving comments (: Now back to the story
.................

Lena was worried.

She hadn't heard from Kara Danvers in a few days. When she had called, there was no answer.

When Lena had gone as far as to tracking her at work, James told her Kara had a family emergency out of town.

She still should have at least called or texted.

It was 5.

5 whole days before she saw Kara Danvers.

Kara stood, waiting as she approached L-Corp, head down, worn looking and she looked, guilty.
Lena passed her in a bit of a fury, ignoring her. Kara followed anyway.

They stood in the elevator in silence. It was a tense, cold silence, ready to snap the instant anyone tugged at it.

Lena stepped out and marched away from Kara, into her office. She allowed Kara to follow and whirled on her the minute the door snapped shut.

"One call, Kara. One call is all I needed." Lena's voice was harsh, cool. She had been agonizing during those 5 days. Where was Kara? Was she okay? What was going on?

Kara dropped her head.

"I know." Kara's voice was small. "I'm so, so sorry Lena, but I-,"

Kara hesitated. She was unsure, she didn't want to lie to Lena. Not about her whereabouts after Lena had pretty much involved her own life, the very one Lena had saved. Yet, J'onn's voice echoed in her head. Lena was still a Luthor. They were still fighting Cadmus, Lex was still trying to kill her.

Lena was in too much danger for Kara to reveal herself to her.

It was too much. Too painful.

The lie they had built, they had come up with while she lay in bed the day before would have to be recited, would have to do, until Lena was safe, until they were in a position where Kara could share all of herself with her. It made her ache that she had to do it.

"My adoptive mom got into an accident and I had to go take care of her for a few days." Kara let the lie fall from her lips. Alex had made her practice with her until she didn't make any of her 'tells' that could signal that she was lying. It had been very difficult for Kara.

Lena searched Kara's eyes. She softened and reached out, gripping Kara's arm.

"Is she at least alright?" She was so sincere, it made Kara ache, the lying did.

Kara nodded, woefully.

Lena stepped in, and embraced her. It only made Kara feel worse.

"Just, maybe call or text, send an email, next time, please?" Lena's voice was tinged with the heartache she had been carrying for days. She had been so worried.

Kara nodded into her shoulder. Lena could feel tears dripping into her shoulder.

She didn't know that it was more out of guilt, rather than worry.