T H I R T E E N - Hurting

I'm so cold... I open my eyes and sigh. I fell asleep on the sofa last night, I couldn't sleep on the bed. I check my phone.

56 new messages, 23 missed calls

Dan: Phil I'm so sorry, please let me explain.

Dan: I love you, please text me back

Dan: I wish I never cheated on you.

Dan: I love you so much, Phil. Please believe me.

Dan:  I'm sorry I hurt you...

Tears fall down my cheeks as last night replays in my head. Can I forgive him? I don't know. I mean, I still love him. But will he do it again... Can I trust he won't do it again?

Unknown: Hey Phil, I got your number off of Dan. I wanna say I'm so so so sorry about last night, I didn't know Dan was dating anyone. If I knew I wouldn't have had sex with him, I swear. Please forgive me.

To unknown: it wasn't your fault if you didn't know. I forgive you. What's your name?

I sigh and run my hands through my hair. Not only did he cheat, he acted like I didn't exist. My phone buzzes. Dan's calling me. I quickly decline. I'm not falling for him again. Or should I say even further than I ready have. I see a text from the boy.

Unknown: Elliot Smith. Can we meet up? I would love to talk to you.

To Elliot: sure. Maybe not this week because I'm still really upset

Elliot: I get that. Text me if you need.

To Elliot: I will, thanks

I smile slightly. Elliot's actually really sweet. He obviously didn't know that Dan was dating me and I can tell he feels bad. I can't believe Dan didn't tell Elliot about me. I honestly thought he would change for me... And tears are now falling down my cheeks again. This hurts more than when Michael abused me.

I hear a knock on my door. I get up and walk to the door, looking at who it is first. It's Amy. I open it and jump as she hugs me.
"I'm sorry." She mutters.
"W-what?" I stammer, pulling her inside.
"Dan told me what happened. I know he was cheating on me with you and then he cheated on you and I just want to punch the shit out of him." Amy growls.
"You're not mad at me?" I raise my eyebrows.
"No, I saw how happy Dan was making you but now he's broken your heart." She shakes her head. Tears threaten to spill on to my cheeks. I wipe them away quickly and sit back on my sofa, pulling the blanket over me. "Is this what you've been doing for three days?"
"Yeah." I mutter. Amy sits next to me and hugs me.
"Do you wanna watch a movie?" She smiles. I can't help but smile and nod. "I'm only being nice because I know what it's like to be cheated on, no thanks to you."
"Sorry." I sigh.
"I was joking. I'm over Dan. He's a dick." Amy looks up at me.
"He's more than a dick." I mutter.
"I would say something worse but I don't want the story to be taken down (breaking the fourth wall oops)." Amy smirks. I giggle and shake my head.

Amy's fallen asleep on my shoulder. I pull the blanket over her and move her head to my thighs.
"I'm sorry I made you go through this." I mutter, stroking her hair softly. Amy shifts a bit and sighs. I rest my head on the arm of the sofa and shut my eyes.

"Phil." I hear my mum whisper. I open my eyes and grumble.
"Mum?" Amy asks tiredly, sitting up.
"It's almost midnight why didn't you text me where you were?" Mum asks Amy.
"Because I'm safe round my 21 year old brother's house." Amy rolls her eyes.
"Mum, just leave it, I can't deal with any fights at the moment." I shake my head.
"Alright. Look, if it's okay then I'll let Amy sleep here but she needs to come home straight away tomorrow." Mum sighs.
"Okay." I mutter.
"Phil, is everything okay?" Mum frowns.
"Dan cheated on him." Amy says for me. Tears prick at my eyes again, one managing to spill over. I sigh and wipe my cheek.
"I'm so sorry Phil." Mum sighs. "Maybe it's a lesson to you."
"Mum, don't. You can have a go at him later, but he's hurting too much to hear about it now." Amy defends me. I pull my knees up to my chest and hide my face, hating how weak I'm being. It really does hurt though. I feel like there's a chunk of my heart missing that I'll never get back.
"Okay, I'll see you in the morning." Mum says. I nod and feel her kiss the top of my head.
"Wait, mum, can you please change the stuff of my bed, it's where Dan..." I trail off.
"Of course." Mum nods, getting up. Amy hugs me and sighs.
"Mum can be such a bitch sometimes." Amy whispers. I nod and rest my head on her shoulder.

"Okay, your bed is made." Mum says.
"Thank you." I smile.
"You should get some sleep, hopefully you won't be hurting so much in the morning."
"Okay." I nod. "Are you okay sleeping on the sofa?" I ask Amy.
"Yeah." She smiles.
"Goodnight." I say as I stand up.
"Goodnight, sweetheart." Mum hugs me. I hug her back and shut my eyes for a second. Amy smiles at me when I pulls away. I smile back before walking to my bedroom and getting into bed. I shut my eyes and try to fall asleep, knowing my dreams will be plagued with Dan.