Chapter 5

A fox.

He wasn't sure what he was supposed to feel. It didn't bother him-well not really, but he was curious to know why she was a fox. It was rare, it was thought that all of the Old Kingdom were extinct but obviously that was not the case. 

Green eyes stared at him as he looked her over, she was thin, her ribs were noticeable from her side, and she had blood soaking her paw. Kole couldn't help but growl at the sight. She was hurt, that bastard had taken a bite out of her and tore some of her flesh.

She whimpered as he growled; thinking that he was growling at her. Aurora wanted to disappear. She shied away hoping the ground would swallow her. Her mate was mad, as she expected him to be after discovering that she was not a normal mate, but it still hurt her feelings.

Aurora tried to get up, but the pain in her arm made it so she couldn't walk very well. She turned her head looking to see what became of Alec, only to wish that she hadn't. Two wolves; one black and one brown, circled him attacking him in turns. Alec was a bloody mess, his blond fur hidden by red. Closing her eyes, not wanting to see the wolves end him, like she knew they would. She pushed herself up on wobbly legs and could feel the warmth of her mates fur against her back; him covering her she slowly tried to escape him. She didn't make it far before she was scooped up into human arms.

"Stop struggling." A deep voice commanded freezing her wiggling. "Will you shift back, Mate?" He asked in a softer tone.

Green eyes starred at him, as she listened to what he asked but she made no movement to respond or shift back to her human form. He should have known that she wasn't going to listen to him. She probably was scared out of her mind. The thought of her scared of him, made Kole  sick to his stomach. That was the last thing he wanted.

With a huff, he pulled her close to his chest and began walking to Darren's pack home. His thoughts lost in what he was going to do with his little mate, unconsciously petting her in hopes to calm her.

"Do you want me to hold her?" Georgia questioned her soft blue eyes fixed on Aurora's form.

"No." Kole snapped ignoring the growl that came from Alex. He wasn't going to hand his mate over to anyone; not even his little sister.

"Ok." Georgia nodded, knowing better to push her brother when he was in a mood. Together they all walked to Darren's pack home, and when they reached the home, it was in shambles. They were trying to get their Alpha back on his feet and others in positions of power were trying to calm the rest of the pack.

Not that he wanted to, but Kole let Darren live. He was ready to end him when the panic his mate was radiating reached him and he lost all focus. He spared his life; something only few were able to say that after losing a fight with Kole.

Reaching their Black SUV, Kole pulled open the truck looking for clothing. They always kept spares with them, especially for some of the short tempered wolves. Setting his mate in the truck he quickly pulled on pants, tossing clothing to his sister. His eyes focused on his mate who cowered in her fox form into the side of the car looking for an escape.

"Let me see your paw." Kole demanded frowning as she moved away from his reach.

"Aurora," Georgia spoke softly coming to stand next to her brother. "It's ok. Can you shift back so we can look at your arm?"

Aurora looked at Georgia and glanced at the three men that were staring at her. Did Georgia really expect her to change in front of them? She would be naked!

As if knowing what she was thinking about, Georgia smiled. "I have clothes for you to change into." Georgia laid the pile in front of her. "Turn around guys; have some respect." She barked out. The two men instantly spinning around, Kole reluctantly took his eyes off of her and turned around.