Chapter 10

Her body was heavy with nerves. She could feel herself shaking, and by Kole's prominent presence at her side, she knew it was obvious to others. Her first full moon was in minutes, and she hardly knew anyone in the pack. The last two days she had meet only a handful but the only one she could remember was Edna.

"Are you ok?" Kole questioned.

"I'm fine, just nervous." She fiddled with the robe around her. It made sense that they all just wore robes on the night of the full moon, saving everyone the time to have to strip down. But she wasn't very comfortable being around everyone while she was so exposed. Glancing around at the pack she found to her surprise, many were standing in the field naked as the day they were born. Part of her was disturbed by all the body part she saw, all in various shapes and ages, but the other part of her was jealous that they were so comfortable and confident in their bodies.

"You have nothing to be nervous about. They will all be happy and welcoming to you." Kole said trying to reassure her.

'Easy for you to say' she thought to herself.  She watched as one by one the pack shifted, eager to feel the strong connection to the moon. Knowing she didn't have much time left, she glanced to Kole before letting go of his hand and shifting. Her fox was at peace finally able to have a stronger presence. Shaking out her fur, Rory glanced next to her, noticing the dark shadow over her.

Kole stood tall next to her, his brown wolf scanning over his pack watching as everyone let their wolf out, before his eyes fell to her.  When their eyes connected, Rory felt a spark inside her, making her realize that this was the first time that she was around Kole while they were both in their forms. It was refreshing. Kole tilted his head down, and nuzzled into her neck, scenting her.

She couldn't help but let out a soft purr, as she reached up and nipped at his neck. Her fox begging her to return the affection. Rory looked around waiting to see how the pack was going to react to her not being a wolf, but shockingly no one seemed bothered. A strawberry blonde wolf came over to her, and somehow she just knew that it was Georgia.

Not sure what else to do she stayed still as Georgia stood in front of her licking her snout, before giving off a bark. A howl broke Rory's attention and she watched as the pack acted accordingly, getting ready to run. She was nervous; she was beyond worried that she wouldn't be able to keep up with the pack, having never ran far before. She was still weak from the poor health she was in when Kole found her, but she was determined to push herself.

Rory watched to see what Kole was going to do, only to see him looking down at her watching her. He pushed her gently before nodding to the pack asking if she was ready to run. If the pack was anything like Darren's, she knew that the Alpha was supposed to lead them.

Rory shook her head slightly, encouraging him with her eyes to go ahead of her. She hoped that they would complete the bond soon, it would be so much easier when she would be able to communicate with Kole and the other wolves, using the pack mind.

At last, the pack was moving and Rory found herself running with Georgia and a blonde wolf, who she assumed to be Alex. She wasn't able to go very far with them and with a huff she stopped running. Georgia stopped immediately and turned to look at her with concern. Rory tried to hold it back but somehow the yawn still escaped her lips. She was exhausted. Georgia took her lead and spun in a circle before curling up on the floor. Rory followed, and with tired eyes looked around, thankful for the boulders that gave them shelter.

Kole didn't run as long as he would have normally would with the pack; he was too eager to return to his mate.

"She's asleep." Georgia told him using their special family connection.