Chapter 9

The night before had been amazing. It was the first time that they had been out together and Rory really enjoyed it. She definitely felt a little more at ease when Kole reassured her that he wasn't rejecting her, which he confirmed by showing her that he was making a spot for her in his life. What he saw to be a little gesture, meant a lot to her- and caused her to have a little breakdown.

Rory was glad when they pulled into the garage, she was exhausted and ready for bed. She made her way to the trunk of the car going to grab a few of the shopping bags, but Kole beat her to it.

"Are you sure you don't want me to grab some?" She asked as she followed him into the house and up to their room.

"I got it." He responded.

Together they walked in silence, but this time it was a comfortable silence.

"I made room for you in the closet and the bathroom for your things." Kole said as he walked into the closet where sure enough there was three empty shelves and a wall for hanging space.

Kole set the bags down and turned to his quiet mate. He was alarmed to see tears in her eyes as she took in the sight.

"What's wrong?" He asked worried he had done something wrong.

"It's nothing, it's silly." She said pushing a tray tear from her cheek.

"If something is upsetting you, its not silly." He said pulling her to him.

Rory wasn't good at sharing her feelings, in fact she was kicking herself for crying in front of him. She knew that unlike being in Darren's pack, she wouldn't get punished for saying or doing the wrong thing. She knew that-she really did- having only been free for nearly two weeks, she was trying to open up, but old habits were hard to break.

"I've just never had anyone make room for me." She whispered. "Thank you."

"Always."

She tilted her head up and kissed his cheek, too quickly for him to move his head to catch her lips, but all the same she was blushing.

Waking up had been different. She wiped her face her eyes slowly adjusting to the light that was coming in. She felt peaceful and it was only when she tried to get up that she panicked. She was pinned in place by something with a tight grip. Her first instinct was worried that it was Alec, or one of his goonies. Her head snapped to the right relieved to see Kole laying beside her. Instantly relieved she could help but relish in the moment. He was here when she woke up, for the first time.  She shifted slightly to face him better, not knowing how long she would have to see him so peaceful before had to get up and deal with the pack. The moment didn't last long before he started to stir.

"Morning," he yawned slowly blinking away the light.

"Morning." She whispered back.

"Did you sleep ok?" Kole asked pulling her close.

"Yeah."

"Good." He nodded his eyes slowly falling shut. "The full moon is in two days, are you ready?"

She blinked not sure what to say, she never had a good experience during the full moon.

"You have nothing to worry about, I'm going to introduce you to the pack so you feel more comfortable."

"Ok." She said but before she could say any more there attention was turned to the side as they heard a loud howl.

"Fuck." Kole sighed looking down at her regret filling his face.