Chapter 11

After breakfast was finished, Rory helped the others clean up the table and put away the dishes.

"Rory, I have to run an errand but afterwords do you still want to hangout?" Kole asked as she put away the last plate.

"Yeah." She nodded turning to face him. She was happy that he asked her to hang out but at the same time she was nervous.

"I'll be back soon." Kole spoke with a sparkle in his eye. She could tell that he was excited  and that was what gave her hope.

"He really likes you." A deep voice spoke causing her to jump in surprise. She turned slightly and was surprised to see Peter coming to stand next to her.

"I really like him too."

"Do you?"

"Of course, he's my mate." Aurora nodded surprised by the questioning.

"Is that the only reason?"

"I don't really know him that well but he seems great." Aurora hesitated.

"You're scared of him, I've noticed."

"I'm not scared of him, I'm scared he won't like me."

"Why wouldn't he like you?" Peter asked with narrowed eyes.

"Well I'm a Runt. And I am a Fox, who's supposed to the be Luna of a wolf pack."

"I want to take you somewhere, are you up for a trip?"

"Well Kole said-"

"I'll tell Kole where to find you at." Peter assured her. Rory couldn't help but fidget, Peter seemed to be a nice guy, but could she trust him?

"Ok." She nodded after a moment of debating. Peter smiled at her answer and escorted her outside. To her surprise they were walking instead of taking a car. It must have been somewhere close by.

"So you've met Edna?" Peter spoke trying to break the silence.

"Yes I have," she said with a smile.

"I'm sure she loved having you over," Peter spoke.

"She was very welcoming, I liked her very much."

"I'm happy to hear that. Many in our pack ignore her or belittle her because of her unique personality but she's wise." Peter said leading her into what she remembered to be Edna's house. "I think you would like to hear some of her stories." Peter gestured to the pathway to her house.

"Ok." Rory hesitated looking at Peter, before beginning to Edna's house. She wasn't sure why Peter was leading her to Edna, but Rory did want to hear some of her stories.

"Oh, hello dears," Edna beamed, looking up from where she was tending to her bushes.

"Edna, I brought Rory to hear some of your stories." Peter explained, both watching as the smile on her face grow double the size.

"I would love to share, but my flowers-" Edna spoke her face turning to a frown as she glanced at the half planted plants.

"I will finish planting them for you." Peter offered.

"Oh you're such a good boy," Edna cooed pinching his checks, like the grandma she came off to be.

"Thank you." Peter said a blush rising on his cheeks, glancing to Rory who stood with a smile on her face.

"Come deary, lets have some tea." Edna said gently grabbing Rory's hand and leading her into the house.

Rory turned to look at Peter, but saw that he was already tending to Edna's flowers, leaving her to be ushered inside.