Sans x Sick!reader

Your POV

You coughed, clutching my shirt tightly. Every time you did, it felt like your lungs and throat were on fire, making it hard to breathe. Dread filled you when The familiar taste of metal filled Your mouth, causing you to gag slightly. Sitting up, you felt for the tissue box beside you, holding the blob of the red liquid in.

The tip of your fingers felt the remote control. You Didn't need that.

Finally finding the box of tissues, you grabbed it, pulling out three, and spitting out the blood onto it. You weakly inhaled for clean air.

It just hurt so much.

But you always fought of course, even though you know there's no point in it.

But you did it.

For him.

For Sans.

You snapped out of your thoughts as you heard the door creak open, light filling the room.

But then, it shut close, the tiny spark of hope you had flickered out easily like when you drench fire with water.

"Y/n?"

You turned to Sans, smiling softly. He had this blue blush covering his cheekbones, which you find cute. Adjusting your  flower bracelet both of you made out of buttercups, you stood up, mumbling a slight 'sorry' for the flowers you squished.

You walked towards Sans, tiptoeing so you won't crush the gentle plants beneath you. "Yeah Sans?" You perked up, looking at him.

He was holding something behind his back, which made you slightly nervous too.

Staring up at his pinpricks, you realized how they shined with genuine happiness. It was an accomplishment, really. Clearing his throat, he looked at you.

"Here. I made it for you." He plopped a flower crown on your head, grinning.

You gasped in surprise. "Thank you Sans." You fondly smiled, touching the petals gently, feeling their smooth petals. This moment was so... Peaceful.

You wanted it to last forever.

But you know...

Forever does not exist.

You teared up, the feeling of sadness come crashing down on your chest. Your heart felt so heavy that you didn't realize Sans sitting in front of you.

"Y/n? What's the matter...?"

You hiccuped, the tears which were gathering in your eyes flowed down your cheeks. Your nose felt red and heavy as you looked at Sans, hugging yourself as if you were clinging for your own life.

"I-I'm so sorry.. I... I'm... So...." You realized something.

Every single reset...

You die.

You and Sans weren't meant for each other.

The two of you were like two puzzle pieces which don't fit just glued together just to stick. Even though it doesn't fill in the gaps, you still stuck together.

You realized....

How....

Selfish

You

Were.

You reset, again, and again, and again. You weren't sensitive enough to know how Sans felt, how his soul broke every time you died.

But you just kept....

Letting him see his worst fear over and over again.

You were so selfish to treat him like this. He did nothing wrong, and you gave him false hope that one day..

One reset...

You'll be fine.

You'll live...

But..

That reset never came.

You were so unfair to him.

And you were the reason why he kept breaking again and again, physically and mentally.

You are the reason why...

He's so..

Depressed...

You snapped out of it when you felt two arms wrap around you. It was tight but genuine.

Guilt crashed down on you when you realized who it was.

Sans.

He looked dreadful and lost, the shine in his pinpricks gone.

You sniffled, pulling away, making him looked confused as he shifted his chair to you. "Y/n...?" You shook your head sideways, your eyes still flowing with tears.

It'll end soon..

You hugged his arm, leaning on his chest, the beating of his soul resonated with your's, creating harmony.

You felt his unsureness when he hugged you back. He was hesitating.

"Sans....."

"Y-yeah?"

"I promise...

No...

More... Resets."