PJ x Depressed!Reader

Your POV

You shook, whimpering.

"You... We shouldn't have made you! You're an embarrassing mistake!" Your mother screamed at you, pointing the cold metal gun on your forehead. You screamed and cried as she began pulling the trigger.

"POLICE, WE ARE COMING IN!"

Your mother growled and looked at the bedroom door, seeing rapid footsteps skidder around, startling her as she pulled the gun.

Bang!

You felt numb as the bullet passed through your right eye. Your mother growled and picked up the gun, stuffing it into her pocket as she exited through the window, a distant thud means she landed.

The door busted open.

Ten S.W.A.T. People kneeled down, pointing their guns at you. Four stood up, holding their shields. You looked at them blankly as your head lolled to the side, blood pouring out your eye socket.

The pain finally hit.

It was unbearable. You screamed, throat feeling like it's being ripped apart. Luckily, one of the officers stood up and took action, untying you from the wooden chair, carefully lifting you up with her hands, boot hurting your cuts and bruises. She seemed angry and worried.

You hung your head down. "She's like a rag doll. I can't believe that her own mother did this to her. Hey! Get the medic!" She looked at you one last time, as she placed you on the pure white mattress, as doctors hauled you up and carried you to the ambulance.

Blinding lights flashed in your eyes, as you heard shouting and reporters trying to get a hold on you.

"It's gonna be okay, sweetie. Don't worry."

A female nurse whispered. You looked at her coldly. "Help. Me."

---------

"-and it's the worst case of abuse I've seen so far." The doctor flipped through his notes, checking your bandaged eye.

.lets just hope no one experiences this."

You bit your lip. "Y/n? Are you okay?" You suddenly panicked, wiping your tears quickly. The voice sounded like PJ's. He was your closest friend too. You loved his cheerful personality, along with his understanding nature.

"U-uh, yeah Jam-Jam. I'm fine." You heard footsteps by your bedroom door. ".... Y/n?" "Yeah?" "What's wrong?" You froze at the question. "Eh. Nothing. Why?"

You heard his sigh. "Y/n. Please let me in. You sound like you just cried." You shook your head. "No PJ. I... Have colds. I don't want to to get-" "Y/n please."

You've never heard him sound desperate and that worried before. "..." "Y/n." You sighed your fingernails into your palm as you got up from the bed, shuffling over to the door and opening it.

PJ stood there, his pinpricks wandered to your face, as his looks contorted to concern. "You cried, didn't you?" You looked down. You saw PJ take a step forward. "Please tell me what's wrong."

You shook your head sideways, tugging your lips into a fake, lazy smile you always wore. "It's nothing Jam-Jam."

Silence.

Suddenly, two arms wrapped around you in a tight hug. "Y/n, I won't keep pushing. But please, please take care of yourself." You heard sincerity in his voice, causing you to melt a bit. You felt yourself crying, until you were subbing, clutching his shirt tightly for support.

He patted your back, sinking down on the bed. He dried your tears as you looked up at him. "I... Love you y/n." He looked away, biting his lower lip. You tensed up a bit. Him? Why him?

He's better off with other girls. Not with you. You felt a jumble of emotions, as you finally gained the courage to speak.

"I-I love you too PJ."

Take care of yourself kid. Cause someone really cares about you.