Chapter 5- Danger as usual

A/N The music describes the chapter well but the video is odd try to ignore it

Flying felt like nothing Alex had ever experienced. He was giddy, excited, exhilarated and terrified all at the same time. These were such natural feelings and he revelled in the euphoria. His hair fought against the band that held it, so Alexander released it and let the raven locks float in the breeze. His signature long dark coat also flapped away like some sort of giant bat. Beneath him he also felt Cada enjoying himself beating his wings as hard as he could, to send them both spiralling through the purple clouds. Up here the chamrosh with it's silky grey feathers looked like a wisp of smoke rising and falling with the breeze. Alex was fairly sure the creature was making up for lost time. He was very glad he had been able to heal the animals broken wing, it took a lot of strength but it gave something back. A sense of rightness that had been difficult to come by in his normal life. 

    Eventually the familiar oaks of the forest started to thin and vast stretches of grassland formed. Alex knew he was far away from his homeland now and he was relieved but nervous. He knew little of the cursed world, only what the religious people had chattered about. Undoubtedly most of that was complete brownie poop so he'd have to rely on his ability to learn fast. "Cada set us down over there. Then you can go wherever you want. I imagine you have a flock or pack somewhere that you want to be getting back to."
   "As you wish dei filius," Cada spoke into my mind once more. It was funny how the words weren't so in a human sense but he seemed to translate them instinctively. Except from that last part, it seemed to be in the old tongue. The base of all magic and spells came from the old tongue. 
    They came in to land in a patch of lush green grass that matched Alex's eye colour. He bid the chamrosh farewell and the beast departed, a little reluctantly but once Alexander insisted the creature took to wing. Then Alex was once more alone, with nobody to accompany him. He figured the best thing to do was to lay low until morning and figure things out from there. The more dangerous of the cursed species would frizzle at the slightest hint of sunlight. As for the more benign varieties, he could most likely take them. 
     So he brought out a blanket and set about cutting up the long grass about him for a mattress. It was while he was doing this that he felt a prickling sensation on the back of his neck. The only other time it had happened someone had broken into his house and was right behi-
    With a speed that almost gave him whiplash Alexander spun around and came face to face with a...well another face. It belonged to a tall man with pulsating red eyes and deathly pale skin. His hot sour breath hit Alexander in the face like a baseball b at. "You sssmell delicious," the thing rasped with a voice like a snake. "What are you?" It asked in wonder looking completely intoxicated. 
    "Alexander and you are?" He said trying to sound confident.
"Taking you for dinner...or rather taking you as my dinner!" It purred bearing down on him. 

A/N sorry this is a little short I'll make a longer one tomorrow