Chapter 18- Voices in my head

"Alexi you're not making any sense!" 
  Alec was running around gathering his things muttering wildly to himself, it looked to his friends as if he had gone mad. This was distressing to watch especially for poor Fern who was already very attached to the Leshy.
   "I've got to go," Alec said over and over. Once he finally found his signature long, dark coat, he started to head for the door. Fai did not want to let his friend wander out into the world in such a state and put himself in the boy's path. Alec was tall but willowy in shape, whereas Fai had more muscle so the door was blocked.
"I'm not letting you go until you calm down," Fai said sternly.
"He's right Alec, let us help you dear," Phoebe implored using a much softer tone. 
 "Get out of my way," the leshy growled having none of it. 
"No!"
"My charge is in danger, move or I will move you," Alec roared in a thunderous voice he didn't know he had. Suddenly his whole body seemed to be coursing with power and adrenaline. His eyes burned and his usually grass green eyes turned a much more poisonous shade. All he knew was that Olin, his only friend in the years with the castors was in danger and that he had a duty to help him. 
   "He has been given a call Fai you have to let him answer it or he'll get sick," Phoebe warned. Alec felt guilty when he looked into his new friends eyes which were full of worry and distress. The Illuceo was just trying to help him but for whatever reason Alec was held in a trance which would let him do nothing other than protect the stag.
   "Okay Alexi but I'm coming with you."
"No. Castors too dangerous. Must go alone," Alec choked out in a strangled mix of his usual voice and the commanding one. Fai looked doubtful but when Alec gave him a pleading look he decided to respect his friends wishes. 
   Alec fled the house with a weight hanging over him. How would he get to the castors in time? Was he already too late? There was another problem too, by foot even in an animal form he would be too slow. Between him and the castors would be enemies, obstacles and god knows what else. He had o figure out some other way of getting there. 

Call him," a voice whispered into his mind. It was not an animal voice Alec could tell that immediately. It was much softer but also colder. Sylvester and Cada had talked to him with the respect of a subordinate, this voice spoke with the authority of a commander.
"Call who," Alec said aloud impatiently. He didn't care who this guy was, he just cared about wasting time that could be spent saving the herd. 
"Cada of course you idiot. Who else would be willing to fly into enemy territory with your heavy backside on top of them?"
"Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you are?
"Oh you'll see," the voice said smugly. Then whatever presence had entered Alec's head left and he was once again alone and confused. Confusion was just something he'd become accustomed to however so he shook it off and got to work. 
   He reached out with his mind, he'd had classes on telepathy with the castors as it was a common thing to specialise in. It ate away at a precious few second but eventually he found what he was looking for. Minds usually flash up in colours and Cada's was his unmistakable smoke grey. "Cada I need you. As a leshy I call on you to do me a service," he thought hoping the chamrosh would heed his command. 
   Time seemed to speed up and Alec became very anxious that he was going to remain alone in his quest. But eventually he heard the wing beats of a huge animal and he knew that his trusty steed had arrived. 
   "Master Leshy," the chamrosh replied in Alec's head bowing deeply. 
"I have to save creatures in distress, just as I saved you once before. Will you help me?" Alec said aloud staring into the animals cold, calculating eyes. 
    "Yes...but you must also help me save my brethren. I cannot let them stay as mindless slaves."
"Deal!"

A/N Sorry it's not much of a thriller I had intended to completely go through the whole Olin's herd being hunted thing but my Biology teacher gave me a ton of homework and I have a Spanish exam in a couple of days.  A veces odio la escuela