Chapter 9- The Witch, The Leshy and The Lightbulb

Sylvester regarded Alec carefully, he watched the boy with great expectation. The bird had been anticipating this meeting for some time, he knew that one day the boy who would change everything that would come along. That he'd need Sylvester's help in order to fulfil his destiny. He knew all this because Sylvester was and is omniscient. The giant raven cloaked in shadow could see everything that had been and everything that was to come, he spent his days trying to decipher the different strands of possibilities as to what may happen in the future. 
    Alec had been warned when he entered the room that touching the bird could equal certain death. If the creature didn't protect you from the endless destruction of the timestream that wove through his body then you would surely be killed. That was why  Phoebe was watching the situation tensely, she was using this as she always did as a test of character. The bird rejected all from his presence who were corrupted in some way. 
    However on sight of the magnificent raven nestled at the top of the room ( which was at least twenty stories high), something clicked in Alec. His whole body screamed at him to gt closer to the bird, Phoebe and Fai noticed that his eyes were glowing slightly, two different shades of green flickering back and forth. 
   Sylvester swooped down from his perch and settled right in front of Alec, the bird flew even more quietly than Alec walked. "Hello Leshy," a voice croaked inside Alec's mind, it was the same name the chamrosh communicated with him and the same way it had addressed him. 
    "H-hello," he whispered back unsure of what he was supposed to be doing. He felt a little stupid just talking to the great creature like this. 
"Do not fret child I am not here to judge you, after all I can see through all of time. I know you and so I do not need to make judgements. I can sense you have questions so please ask away."
   "Err well you could start I guess by telling me why magical beasts keep calling me Leshy."
"Well that is what you are to us, it is your species. Leshies are very rare occurrences in nature. They come in times when the balance of nature has been unsettled, they are sent to protect the beasts that are governed by casters and cursed, to ensure they are treated fairly. It is a great honour but comes with many duties."

    That was a little difficult to take on, an information overload that basically told Alec what his whole life was going to be like...hard. If all or even most magical people were like the ones he'd met then there would be a whole lot of magical animals he'd have to save. Although it did give him purpose and without purpose life becomes stale and empty. It was also a cause he was passionate about which helped him to accept his fate. 
    "What's he telling you," Fai asked curiously. 
"I'm a Leshy apparently," Alec breathed trying the word out for size. He was a leshy, it was strange but it had a ing to it. 
   "Wow are you serious. Dude those guys are legends!" Fai shouted incredulously, he seemed ecstatic to even be in the presence of Alec. 
   "Okay now that I know, I can get to work training you," Phoebe said with a small smile. 
Sensing that it was nearly time to leave Alec acted on impulse. He threw both arms around the birds neck as best he could (it was a very big bird) and hugged him. "Thanks. I really needed to know what to do next." Phoebe and Fai looked on aghast but were relieved to see the bird had seen this coming and protected Alec. 
   "You're very welcome young one. You have a lot tom learn but I hope soon you'll be the one saving my kind." Sylvester said kindly. 
    "Come on then light bulb lets go," Alec called moving towards the entrance with a ghost of a smile in his eyes. 
  "Light bulb?"
"They're glass orbs filled with light castors use to illuminate their homes sometimes."
   "Hmm fitting,"  Fair agreed. 
 The Light bulb, the witch and the leshy, all in all a pretty good team Sylvester thought.