Chapter 11- Metamorphasis

Changing into an animal is not as easy as you might think. There are a lot of conditions you need in order to be able to complete the transformation. One is having seen one of the animals before otherwise you cannot fully visualise what you are turning into. Another is mentally preparing yourself because if you don't the animal instincts may take over and you can get into all kinds of trouble. Then there's the pain, yeah there's a lot of that. Phoebe and Fai didn't mention that last part to Alec though, they didn't want him to back out. They informed him of the other preparations he needed to do and that was that. 
  "So what do I actually do to induce the change?" He asked somewhat tentatively, he was starting to think more into this and regretting his decisions a little. 
    "It varies from person to person. Some have to picture the animal perfectly, others have to have a certain object with them that they have enchanted. Try out a few things, see what work for you," Phoebe advised. 
    So Alec tried doing the things she mentioned. He pulled a small black stone out of his pocket and cast a charm on it. The charm was an enlarging spell used to boost your magical abilities. It did nothing except make plants start growing all over the place so he hastily threw it away. Picturing a fox did nothing either because picturing something exactly right down to the last hair is not simple. In fact Alec decided that whoever used this method must have been a meditation master because the amount of concentration required was insane. 
   "Why don't you try and think more in a foxes mindset," Fai suggested. It was an odd thought but Alec decided to try it anyway. He took a step back from what he was doing and took a deep breath. He looked up at the midnight sky, painted with thousands of glistening jewels. The air was cold and crisp and he inhaled it deeply letting the scents in the night air linger in his nose.  There were tons of scents each with their own colour and flavour to them. The musky yellow smells of small mammals caught his attention, to the fox he was trying to become they would be dinner. Therefore he decided to think about the taste of a tender rabbit, the vegetarian part of him was disgusted, but he had eaten it as a child and he had to admit it was delicious. 
    Finally he got closer to the ground, he wound his hands through the grass and smelled the rich red-brown earth beneath it. He closed his eyes and just enjoyed the feeling of being alive and free. 
    "I don't think anything is happening," he sighed at last opening his eyes. That was when he looked down at his arm though. While deep in thought he had been scratching an invisible itch and had scraped a thick layer of skin away. His skin was raw and bloody and he now felt an aching pain from the area, it felt a little good though. Like picking a scab. 
    He began to feel itchy all over. Suddenly the urge overwhelmed him and he started to scratch, and scratch, and scratch until some of his skin peeled away in great ribbons. Odd but not extraordinary, maybe he  burnt his arm in the sun. Except, he realised that his skin was peeling all over my body not just in the areas he scratched. It fell to the floor in great piles, thick and dead looking. The itching sensation doubled as thick hairs began to push through the now raw reddened skin to form a russet layer over his whole body. With a yelp he grabbed his nose which had seized up in pain. It fell off. 

All over his body little things were dropping off here and there: ears, fingers, toes, hands they all just dropped off being replaced by large furry limbs that did not belong to Alec. He heard people screaming but he was too preoccupied by the pain in his back to give much notice to them. Then he arched his back, pushing his spine against the ground until he felt a satisfying pop.
Everything melted away into a feeling of odd satisfaction. He felt free, the kind of way you feel when you're naked just before you get in the shower. Alec stood up to go over and talk to Phoebe and Fai but realised he wasn't moving as he usually would. Alec was on all fours.  Alec was a fox. 

A/N Hey guys something a little longer today. If you follow my other stories you may have read a very similar transformation piece before...sorry about that. Anyway hope you enjoyed this, peace!