chapter 5- the tower

Chapter 5- the tower

I was currently sitting in the only place that I felt I could, the astronomy tower. Classes had now finished and no doubt Ginny had heard and was looking for me, she never knew that I came here though which was a good thing. I looked down at the bracelet which I was stroking between two of my fingers. It was a simple bracelet, a shard of silver which was tired together with two simple ropes on each side. One side was red and black and the other yellow and black. The message was simple, on one side it read happy Christmas and on the other it said I’m proud of you, Cedric. I was given this by him for Christmas four years ago when I was sorted into Gryffindor, in return from me he was given a simple watch with happy Christmas love Amanda. Cedric was my only cousin, but he was more like a brother to me maybe that’s why it hurt more.

“I thought I would find you here.” I was pulled out of my thoughts by Draco.

“yes well I wanted to be alone.” I said as he leaned against the banister.

“I think I saw Ginny looking frantically around the hallways.” He told me.

“probably looking for me.”

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you when you needed me.” He said, I stood up and walked over to him.

“don’t be silly Draco you were there for me when I needed you, the last night of the last school year in this very spot, that’s when I truly needed you.” I told him.

“yes well all summer I didn’t reply I want you to know that it’s not your fault, but there are reasons why I couldn’t and why I can’t tell you.”

“I understand.” He turned and looked at me in disbelief.

“you do?”

“everyone has their reasons for hiding things.” I told him, instantly thinking of the fact I’m hiding that my father is missing.

“well I thought you would put up more of an argument, make me tell you.”

“what’s the point it would just cause a bigger argument.”

“suppose that’s true.” He said.

“so what have you been up to Malfoy?” he scowled at me when I called him Malfoy.

“you know I hate it when you call me that.”

“I always call you that.”

“yes when we are around everyone else.”

“what happened to strong, cruel worded, scowling Malfoy.” I said looking at him.

“he’s still there but not with you, this is me.”

“well I like this side.” I said walking the few steps that were left and hugging him.

“and I like the other side to it’s quite devil may care.” I said laughing as we pulled away from the hug.

“well you better get back or Weasley will send out a search party.”

“and there he is.” I said as I went to walk away.

“Draco..” I said as he turned around.

“yes.” He said looking at him as I stepped forward and placed a kiss on his lips.

“nothing, see you around Malfoy.” I called as I walked away.