Chapter 19- i'm corrupted

I ran to the only place I knew where to go and that wasn't the best idea, as soon as I got there I saw him standing there

“well I definitely need a new place.” I said making him turn hos attention to me.

“are you okay? You look a bit distressed.” he said coming closer to me.

“oh like you care.” I said walking in the opposite direction. “you know as things couldn't get more weird in my life you're the cherry on the top of a seven tier cake.” I said looking at him. “god you're so confusing. Sometimes you're nice and other times you are regular Malfoy, horrible and cold. I really don't get it and I can't wrap my head around these things.” I said looking at him to see his astonished face at my breakout. “maybe it's better if you're like this I mean i'm already corrupted.”

“corrupted?” he questioned interrupting me.

“yes corrupted I am a bad and horrible person.” at this he laughed and looked at me.

“Amanda you're far from bad and horrible you are the kindest person I know. I mean who else sticks up for everyone when us Slytherins torment them, you you stand up to is even if you don't have to.” he said looking at me. “you don't have a horrible bone in your body you couldn't if you tried to.” He was right, i've never did anything wrong or bad before in my life, and that memory was of a little girl who had no idea of what was going on or what had happened. I had been going crazy over the holidays because of this when it was all just in my head, my dad was the bad guy not me I had been punishing myself for no reason.

“you're right i'm not a bad person, what was I thinking.” I said mainly to myself, omg Ginny she had tried to comfort me and I had pushed her away. I had to apologise to her for being such an idiot, that reminded me we were meeting in the room of requirement now and I was completely missing it.

“i've got somewhere I have to be.” I told him.

“yeah whatever panda who cares.” he said maliciously towards me.

“and there he is, back for good I assume. Don't worry I won't have to ever bother you again, i'll find a new spot.” I said before leaving and running to meet the rest.

I was now training with the rest of the group in the room of requirement. We were all working on different things and I was partnered with Ginny and we were both practising the patronus charm.

“are you okay now?” she asked me looking at me worried. “you seemed pretty upset when you left before.”

“I was being foolish before Ginny, I should of known I was just making a big deal out of it.”

“you were just confused Amanda, honestly it was okay for you to act like you did, you had to get it out of your system and if that was your way of being able to do it then so be it.” she said as she pulled me into a hug. I smiled to myself no matter what Ginny would always be there for me when I needed her. There was a big bang and Ginny and I looked at each other.

“what was that?” she asked.

“i have no idea.” I told her as it happened again but this time it shook the whole wall where Nigel and Charlie were standing.

“Charlie.” I said as I quickly walked over to him. Harry also walked up to Nigel. There was now a little hall in the wall and Harry and Nigel were looking through it.

“get back.” Harry shouted as I turned from the wall and backed away, I looked back to see Charlie frozen staring at the wall.

“Charlie!” I shouted as I ran back and through myself in front of him as I heard the wall literally blow up, some of the rubble hit me and I felt myself go dizzy and fall to the floor.

“she's waking up.” I heard someone whisper as I started to open my eyes.

“what happened?” I asked as I could now fully see the scene in front of me. I was in the infirmary surrounded by Harry, Ginny, Hermione and Ron.

“Umbridge caught us.” Ginny stated simply.

“i know that.” I told her. “I meant why am I in the infirmary?”

“well when the wall blew up, the rubble hit you in the back of the head, it knocked you unconscious.” she told me.

“it was a brave thing to do.” Harry said. “you've got another visitor.” he said as he stepped out of the way and behind him stood Charlie.

“i'm sorry forgetting you hurt.” he told me.

“rather me than you.” I told him.

“i just couldn't move.” he told me simply.

“Charlie look at me, it's fine, I'm fine.” I said as I got out of the bed and stood up, to Ginny's protest. “now go be a second year.” I told him as he hugged me and ran off.

“what else have I missed?” I said as I turned to the remainding four.

“Hagrid is hiding a giant in the forest.” Ron whispered as I looked at him gob smacked. “it's his half brother, grawp.” Hermione told me.

“that's standard, anything else?”

“Professor Dumbledore is gone.” Harry said as I stopped walking and turned to face him.

“what?” I questioned him.

“Umbridge said that we were his army, Dumbledore's army and he agreed that we were even when I protested that we weren't.” he told me as if he was reliving the scene. “they were going to take him to Azkaban before he disappeared, he's went into hiding and no-one knows where.” he told me.

“so is Umbridge in charge.” I said.

“oh and some more death eaters escaped from Azkaban.” Ron told me. “they are saying that it was Sirius who got them out as one of them is his cousin Bellatrix.”

“you get knocked unconscious for what a day or something and you miss enough information to last a century.”