chapter 14- slytherin scum

Chapter 14- slytherin scum

We were walking back to Hogwarts after our meeting at Hog's head.

“what about the shrieking shack?” Ginny said.

“too far away we need somewhere closer.” Hermione said. We were trying to think of a place we would be able to practice our defensive skills without Umbridge finding out. Let's just say it wasn't going well, we weren't able to think of many places that were close enough to the castle but not ones where we may be caught by Umbridge.

“what about the forbidden forest?” Neville said.

“too open.” Harry said.

“isn't this fun.” Hermione said.

“fun?” Ron questioned her.

“well I mean it's quite exhilarating you know breaking the rules.” she said as she laughed and everyone laughed with her. I have to say I have never seen Hermione like this before. As everyone else carried on laughing and talking I was still trying to figure out where we would be able to train and learn defensive spells, that's when I remembered what draco had said.

*Flashback

“if you really wanted to get away from everyone you should go to the room of requirement.”

“the room of requirement?” I asked him.

“yeah it can only be found when you need something or need help something like that.” *

“the room of requirement.” I said as everyone looked at me.

“where did you here about that?” Hermione asked me. I had to think of a lie and I thought of the one place that Hermione may have heard of it from.

“A book, have you not heard of the room of requirement?” I asked.

“I know what it is.” she said. “I just mean well it's kind of lost.”

“lost what do you mean lost?” I asked her.

“no one knows where it is and no one even knows how to find it.” Hermione told me.

“oh well it was worth a shot.” I said. I wonder why Malfoy had told me about it, probably to get rid of me or something.

“we need think of times to do it but we just need to find a place first.” Harry said as we walked back into Hogwarts. “we will meet again to try and work those out before we will be able to start.” he said as we approached the walkway, I looked up to see Umbridge standing there looking down at us, I hope she didn't here anything. As we got underneath the walkway and out of her view I grabbed Harry's arm making everyone stop. I pointed upwards “Umbridge.” I said.

“do you think she heard us?” Hermione asked.

“i'm not sure.” I told her honestly.

“what if she's coming this way, what do we do?” Ginny asked.

“split.” I said as everyone looked at me. “everyone go a separate way than the other that way if she is she may only see one of us and it will be less suspicious.” I told them.

“yeah.” Harry said. “I agree just head back to the common room different ways like nothing happened.” he said as everyone headed there own way except Ginny and I.

“don't take to long.” she told me.

“what?” I asked her.

“whenever we are supposed to meet at the common room you are always late.”

“Ginny I promise I won't take long, now you go that way and i'll go this way.” I said as I headed in the direction that I had pointed at.

I was quickly walking towards the common room without looking suspicious to anyone who passed, I had to agree with Hermione this was quite exciting. I was walking around the corner when my path was blocked. I looked up to see Draco standing in front of me. I hadn't seen him since the other night.

“what do we have here, no friends to protect you.” he said as he looked at me.

“I could say the same about you.” I said noting that his band of sheep weren't anywhere in sight. “now are you going to move out my way or be your typical Slytherin self.” I said to him. I did used to think he had changed but now he just made me angry looking at him.

“that's quite funny,considering your father was a Slytherin, that's right my father told me.” How dare he say that my father was a Slytherin, I was so angry I grabbed him by his collar and held him against the wall, his smirk disappeared.

“you know nothing about my father you or your own, nothing you here me.” I said as I slammed him against the wall then let go of him. “Slytherin scum.” I said as I walked away.

I walked into the common room and straight up to the girls room where I slammed the door, I turned around to see that the only other person in the common room was Ginny.

“what's wrong with you?” she asked me.

“Slytherins being Slytherins.” I told her.

“Malfoy?” she asked me.

“yeah.” I told her. I still don't get how he was nice and we were great then all of a sudden he changed.

“he left you alone for a while.” she told me.

“yeah maybe he was gearing up to just start it all again.” she told me.

“yeah.”

“you can't let him get to you.” she told me.

“i know he just, he brought up my father and said that he was in Slytherin but he wasn't my mother and father were both in Hufflepuff that's why it was a shock when I was placed in Gryfinndor, its rarely heard of where you don't follow in one of your parents footsteps, and in my case I should have been in Hufflepuff with.....with Cedric.

“he's just trying to get to you.” she told me.

“yeah well it's working.” I said back a I got into my bed, not bothering to change, curled up and tried to fall asleep.