Chapter 16- A death eater

Chapter 16- a death eater

“Amanda wake up, something's wrong with Harry.” Ginny shook me awake and I startled awake.

“come on let's go.” I said as I looked up to see that Hermione was also awake. We walked down to the common room to see Ron standing with a shaking Harry.

“lets get him to Mcgonnogall.” Hermione said.

“no Dumbledore, I need Dumbledore.” Harry said as we all looked at him and decided to go with his decision.

We practically rushed to Dumbledore's office, if Filch caught us he would have a fit but we really didn't care. After Harry explained his story of what he saw I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I mean he saw Arthur getting attacked by a snake, most likely nagini.

“go to your portrait in the ministry tell them Arthur Weasley has been hurt.” Dumbledore said to one of his pictures on the wall.

“sending the Weasley children to their home through the floo system.” as he said the George, Fred and Ron walked away. I squeezed Ginny's hand in reassurance before she followed her brothers and that just left Hermione and I in the room with Harry, Dumbledore, Mcgonnogall and Snape.

Dumbledore started talking about things while Harry just looked wide eyed at him.

“look at me!” I heard Harry shout and Dumbledore stopped and looked at him.

“girls, I think it's time you returned to you common room, don't worry Harry will be fine.” Mcgonnogall said as she steered us towards the statue.

“i've never heard Harry shout like that, especially at Professor Dumbledore.” Hermione said.

“he seemed really rattled Hermione.” I told her. “i mean imaging having a connection to his mind, its enough to scare anyone but it's actually happening to him.” I told her.

“i'm scared for him.” she said.

“me too.” I agreed with her. I mean I was scared for Harry but I also felt sorry for him, he never asked for any of this. “but he has this, and he knows we are here if he needs us.” I said as we walked into the dormitory and towards my bed.

I was finally home I was stood outside looking at my house. I had waited for Christmas break to come for a while. I had a small holdall with me choosing to leave my big suitcase behind in the dormitories as I wouldn't need everything from it, I also had Emerald. I found it a bit strange that my mom didn't pick me up from the train station, I had waited for a while as well thinking she was just late. I had watched the train, watched everyone be greeted by their parents. I even managed to steer clear from the Malfoy family god knows I couldn't deal with a conversation with Lucius Malfoy at all. Even through all this my mom hadn't shown up so I decided to travel home myself. Here I stood facing my very normal house in my muggle neighbourhood. I walked to the door trying it, hmmm it was locked but it was no problem I had my key with me in anyways. I grabbed my key from my pocket and opened the door.

“mom i'm home.” I called as I shut the door and placed my bag down and Emeralds cage, letting her out so she could fly to her usually spot in the house. I walked towards the living room to find my mom wasn't there and there was no Christmas decorations in sight. She must have been waiting for me to return home before putting them up I told myself.

“mom you there?” I said as I walked into the kitchen imagining her standing over the stove as she cooked, but nothing. The house didn't feel homely it felt eerie, it was also very cold, I put my hand on the counter top and as I took it off there was a thin layer of dust on my hand. Now I was worried. I pulled my wand out and ran up the stairs going in to my mom's room, pulling open the wardrobe I saw all her clothes were still there.

“mom! Mom! Mom where are you!” I shouted as I raced around the house checking every where for her.

“emerald.” I shouted as I called her to me after scribbling down a note and placing it in her mouth. “the Weasleys.” I said to her as I opened the window and let her go.

I waited for a short while for someone to come as I heard the noise of someone apparating I rushed to the hallway with my wand to be greeted by some of the order members, mad eye Moody, Kingsley, Tonks and George.

“where's your mum.” Moody asked me.

“she's not here, I searched everywhere.”

“go with George back to the house.” they told me as George held his arm out, I grabbed Emerald's cage from where I had placed it and my holdall and grabbed his arm. Apparating was bad it made you feel very sick, although I have never vomited afterwards you always have a sick feeling within your stomach.

We ended up in the hallway in Grimauld place. I walked into the kitchen as George walked upstairs. Inside the kitchen I was greeted by Molly, Sirius and Lupin.

“Amanda.” Molly said as she squeezed me tightly.

“i'm glad to see you Mrs Weasley.” I said to her

“Amanda do you know where your mother could be?” Sirius asked me.

“she told me she would pick me up form the station a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't heard from her since then.”

“your mother hasn't spoken to any of us for about a week.” Molly told me. “she said she had to decorate the house for you getting back.”

“the house isn't decorated.” I told her simply as Kingsley, Tonks and Moody entered the room.

“no signs of a struggle or a battle.” Moody said.

“we have to get into contact with your father.” Sirius told me as I sighed and everyone looked at me.

“mom said to keep it quiet and not to worry everyone.” I told them. “my dad went missing before I started the school year, just like my mom has now.” I told them, as I said this they all exchanged glances.

“is there something I should know?” I asked.

“nothign to worry about Amanda.” Lupin told me.

“if it's about my parents I deserve to know.” I told them sternly.

“she's right you know. She should have been told a long time ago.” Sirius said.

“she's just a child and that is not our decision to be making.”

“who else is going to make it.” Sirius said as he turned to face me. “Amanda your father was in Slytherin not Gryffindor. And in the first war he was on there side.” he told me. Lucius and Draco were right in what they were saying about my father and Slytherin I just didn't know it then.

“my father was a death eater?” I asked.

“your mom and him were together while on different sides, he gave up being a death eater and switched sides to ours and was let off with a warning.” Molly told me.

“so you think he's changed sides again and took my mother with him.” they all looked at me not confirming anything that I was saying.

“your silence speaks a thousand words.” I said as I stood up and left the room.