Chapter 3

I woke up in the morning and got ready for school. I checked under my bed, behind the curtains, in my closet, and my bathroom to see if anyone is hiding in those places. Everything was okay. I ran downstairs and went out the door to walk to my bus stop. I took the bus to school and I saw Jayson pull up in his motorcycle and parked it in the parking lot. I walked to him.

"Nice ride," I told him. "I didn't know this was yours."

Jayson laughed. "Maybe you should hang out with me some time. How about today after school?"

"Hold up. We just met yesterday."

"That's the point. Get to know me better."

I chuckled at his smart comment. "I'll think about it." I started walking towards the entrance of the school.

Jayson followed me. We walked inside the school and we waited outside for Jaymana and Nicole. The door swung open and Jayson pulled me close to him. The door hit the wall and I held onto him in shock. Someone walked out of the classroom angrily.

I looked at Jayson and he was still holding me. "How did you know I was going to get hit?" I asked him.

Before he answered, Nicole and Jaymana came and saw me and Jayson. He released me and Nicole didn't say anything.

Jaymana's face was lit up. "Hey guys," she said. "What's up with the romance?"

"Let's go to class please?" I asked.

We walked into the classroom.

AFTER SCHOOL I saw Jayson getting on his motorcycle. I ran to him before he started the engine. He took off his helmet.

"Lillianae, what's up?" He asked.

"We need to talk," I told him. "It's very important."

Jayson sighed. He handed me his helmet. "Here. Take a ride with me."

I put his helmet on my head and got on the motorcycle with Jayson. He drove me to a fast food restaurant and we sat down at a table.

"What do you want to talk about?" Jayson asked first.

"About today," I answered. "You didn't answer my question about your quick reflexes."

"I saw the door swung open and I had an adrenaline rush. It happens all the time with my sister crossing the street."

I nodded. "Okay." I was still confused.

Jayson studied my face. "Are you okay? You look confused and uncomfortable."

I was scared to tell him about the incident. "I don't know if you would think I'm crazy. But what happened today was kind of the same think that happened yesterday when I was crossing the street. Except nobody was there when I turned around. And I heard his voice."

"I believe you. I'm the one who saved you. I saw you and I pushed you out the way and I just left."

I had a flashback of what happened. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was scared. I have adrenaline rushes all the time and it's uncontrollable."

I nodded. "Now I know I'm not crazy."

"Who called you crazy?"

"Nicole. That's why she didn't talk to me at all during school."

He nodded. "Is there anything else bothering you?"

I remembered the person watching me at night. "Um, there was someone that came in my window and was watching me like he was my guardian angel or something he said and I was scared to death."

"Okay, I don't know about what happened there. Tomorrow, I'm going to give you books on what might be happening. And I want you not to be afraid of the images."

I didn't like the sound of that. "Just tell me what went on so I won't get any surprises. Please?"

He sighed. "Do you believe in vampires, werewolves, and zombies?"

"No. They're make believes and myths. Why?"

He started whispering. "They are real. And I think one of them might be a vampire."

I felt goosebumps all over my body. "I have a big fear of vampires so of course I will be really scared at night."

"You'll be okay. They won't hurt you."

"Promise?"

He grabbed my pinky and chained his to mine. "Pinky swear." He smiled.