Chapter 7

I was scared to death. I didn't know if I should scream or have a panic attack. Questions were running through my head.

Would I see myself dying in his arms? Is he going to kill me and claim it an accident? Can I escape this madness.?

I heard someone passing trough the woods. After he was gone I figured that I was sweating. Jayson released me.

"Why did you do that?" I asked him.

"Because someone was coming and I didn't want him to smell your blood," he answered.

"What about your blood? Vampires can smell you too, right?"

He was quiet. "Not exactly," he finally said. "He can only smell my scent."

I was terrified. What if my mom's boss was right? Jayson is acting weird. I didn't know how to just put it out there and tell him that he better tell me what's going on. A minute later, a person came in the tree house and scared the mess out of me.

Jayson grabbed my hand. "It's okay," he told me. "It's my brother Oliver."

"Did I scare her big bro?" He asked.

"Yes, Oliver," Jayson answered. "Meet Lilly, my friend."

"Hi," I said after I cooled down.

"Hey beautiful," he responded. "I'm Oliver. And Jayson is my older brother by 3 minutes."

"You're twins?" I asked.

"Yep. I call him big bro because he is older and taller than me and he is my brother. Did Jayson ever tell you that you're very beautiful?"

I glanced at him and his cheeks flushed red. I giggled. "Jayson, you think I'm beautiful?" I asked him.

"Well, since Oliver put it out there, yes I do," Jayson answered.

"You guys should go out," Oliver suggested. "You both would make a cute couple."

"That's not a good idea," Jayson said.

I was confused. "Why?" I asked.

"I don't want to hurt you."

"Hurt me how?"

Oliver left the tree house. "See you at home big bro!" He shouted.

Jayson sighed. "Listen Lilly. I didn't want to tell you this but I have to."

"Tell me what?"

He took deep breaths. "I'm a vampire."

The words he just said took a minute to register in my head. If he is a vampire, he will suck every ounce of blood in me. I didn't know if I should scream, or jump out the tree house. I made up my mind.

"Help!" I screamed. "Somebody please help me! Help me! ¡Ayudame! Anybody!"

Jayson grabbed my arm. "Stop it, or you're going to alert a -"

I didn't let him finish his sentence. "Help! Please help!"

He put his hand over my mouth. He pulled me close to him like if he was restraining me. "Stay quiet," he quietly told me in my ear.

"Let me go!" I manage to say while his hand was still covering my mouth.

"If you don't want to get killed, stay quiet."

I finally calmed down and listened to him. After a minute or two, he released me. "Are you calm?"

"No," I told him. "I'm in a tree house with a blood sucking animal."

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you before. But you would've hate me if I never told you and you found out."

"True. But why haven't you killed me?"

He cupped my face with one hand and pressed his nose against my neck. "You're blood is sweet like candy. I can smell it. It's like no other human blood. But I don't want to kill you."

"Is there something special about me?"

"It has to be. But since your blood has a strong scent, I have to protect you. Other vamps are going to be coming after you and I won't let that happen."

"So you're protecting me?"

"Yes." He looked at his watch. 'It's time to go to the diner."

We got up and I got on his back. He jumped out of the tree house, giving me an adrenaline shock. When he landed on the ground safely, I knew he wasn't lying that he is a vampire.

To be honest, I thought that him being who he is was going to make me run away from him and hate him. But it actually drew me closer to him and made me love him.