Chapter 11

Today is my birthday and it's on a Wednesday. I woke up to take a shower and I got dressed. My phone was ringing and I answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Happy birthday pookie!" I heard someone that sounded like my mom say.

"Thanks mom," I replied.

"My baby is 16! I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your party but I'm bringing your present when I come home Saturday."

I nodded. "Okay. But I'm not having a party."

"Oh, okay. So where are you staying at? I need to know."

"I'm staying with Jayson and his family."

"Why didn't you stay with the twins?"

I sighed. "Mom, remember I broke my hand at their house the last time? I don't want to do that again."

She sighed. "Alright. Where is he now?"

I opened the door and went in the room next door. I saw Jayson sitting on his bed watching TV. He saw me and smiled. I smiled back. "In his room. I'm sleeping in the guest room."

"Okay baby. I got to go. Have the best birthday ever. Love you!"

"Love you too mom." I made kissy noises to show that I love her. She did the same and hung up.

Before I knew it, Jayson was holding me around my waist and startled me.

"Happy birthday," he told me kissing my cheek.

I chuckled. "Thanks." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He picked me up. "I got a surprise for you after school. You'll have to follow Jewels. She'll pick you up after school."

"You know I don't like surprises."

He put me down. "It's a good surprise."

I kissed him. He kissed me back. We continued until he took a sharp breath. He scared me.

"Don't move," he told me.

I was scared but I stood still like he told me to. He kissed my neck and took another sharp breath. He moved away from me quickly and went to the other side of his room.

"Stay back," he said, hyperventilating. "Lilly, I'm warning you. Stay back."

I was shocked. Did he taste my blood? Did he almost bite me? Was he tempted? Was there an open cut on my neck? I want him to get his thirst under control. I took a step closer to him.

"Lilly, don't move!" Jayson repeated. "I don't want to hurt you. Don't move."

"You need to get your thirst under control," I told him. I ran to him and hugged him. "Try to."

He cupped my face and kissed my neck on the same spot. "I taste your blood though your small cut and it's sweet like candy."

"I know you want to bite me. Just do it."

He kissed my neck. "I don't. I love you too much." He cleared his throat. "I'm going to take a shower and get ready for school."

I felt a shower of relief rush over me. I didn't want Jayson to bite me because I don't want to be something that I fear greatly.

I walked out his room and got dressed into my clothes for school. Jayson drove us to school and Jaymana and Nicole hugged me.

"Happy birthday!" They both said.