Chapter 8

For the past 2 1/2 months, Jayson and I have been closer than ever. People in our school thinks we are dating but we aren't. Not yet, I think.

Last month in November, it was his birthday and he got a car and his driver's license since he's 17 years old. I can't wait for my birthday so I can have my sweet sixteen.

Jayson has been driving me to school for the past month. He picked me up today and he drove me to school. It's getting very cold lately so I'm glad I don't have to wait at the bus stop standing in the cold.

He parked in the parking lot. "So how is your morning?" He asked.

I chuckled. "Wow, ten minutes in the car and you just now ask me that."

He laughed a little. "Well, we got ten minutes until the bell rings so we can chill."

I sat back in the seat. "I need to finish my sketch for the art project."

"What picture are you doing?"

"It's a Christmas theme. We're making a winter scenery. I am making a big Christmas tree."

"Wow, that's cool."

I looked at him. I can never get the image of his beautiful smile on his handsome face. I want to make him smile. "Hey, Jayson."

He looked at me. "Yes, beautiful?"

"What does blood taste and smell like?"

He laughed, showing his beautiful smile again. "Well, I'm 117 so I've been to places and lots of bakeries. I had human blood before and I smell it all the time. It smells like food obviously for us. It's like desert. But the taste of it is so addictive. At first it tastes like metal because of the iron in the blood but then the sweetness of the flavor kicks in after 2 seconds of drinking it."

I was shocked. "That's intense."

He chuckled. "I'm not going to hurt you." He cupped my face with one hand. "I always wanted to do this but I don't know if I will control myself."

I was confused. "What do you want to do?"

He leaned over to me and kissed my forehead. "Don't move." He kissed my cheek and pressed his cheek on my cheek. He felt so warm which I don't understand. I heard him breathing heavy.

"Jayson, what's wrong?" I asked him.

"I can't do it," he answered. "I'm too scared." He released me.

I got out the car and Jayson got out. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Kiss me."

Jayson wrapped his arms around my waist. "You need to stay still. I don't want to bite you."

"I won't move. Promise."

He took a deep breath. He pressed his nose against mine, reached for my lips and kissed me. He went to kiss me again but hesitated. He kissed me again and I kissed him back. I felt his grip around my waist get tighter. He was hurting me a little.

He realized it and stopped. "I'm so sorry," he told me, panting. "I realized I was hurting you."

"Jayson calm down," I responded. "I'm fine."

He grabbed my hand. "Are you sure?"

I nodded. "I'm fine." I was more concerned about my first kiss being with someone I love very much.

We heard the first bell and we walked inside the school building. Jayson opened the classroom door for me and we sat down in our seats. It was just us in the classroom.

"Lilly, if I turn you into a vampire like me, would you be satisfied?" Jayson asked.

I looked at him. "My mom hunts down vampires. Not only that but werewolves too. It's a 50/50 thought because I get to be with you forever, but my mom will hunt you down and kill you."

Jayson chuckled. "She's very fast too."

I nodded. "So don't do it yet, unless I'm close to dying and your poison is the only thing that can save me."

Jayson leaned over to me again and kissed me. I kissed him back. We continued and I could tell that Jayson was retraining himself. We stopped and he exhaled heavily.

"I really need to control myself," he told me.

"You did a good job controlling yourself Jay," I said.

More students came in and the bell rang. Nicole and Jaymana came in with them. They all looked at us weirdly.

"Yes?" I asked. "May I help you?"

"All the buses were delayed," one student said. "How did you two get here way before us?"

"Because I have my own car and I drove my best friend to school," Jayson answered.

They all calmed down and sat in their seats. Nicole and Jaymana winked at us signaling that they saw us kiss in the parking lot.

"Oh my God," I said, smiling.