Chapter 13

...

=-=

Venom slung through the window, falling onto the bed with a thump just before Wade walked in. Venom stumbled to retract from Peter's body, the boy gasping out as the black venom receded. 

Peter gasped in air as his eyes widened as he flopped back onto the pillow. He scrunched his eyes and shook his head lightly, trying to get the small headache out of his head. 

Man, what a dream. 

He noticed that he was sweating a bit, and the recommence of his dream echoed and swirled around in his head. 

Perhaps it wasn't a dream- a nightmare. 

"What are you doing up? You're going to get sick and then die and then I'll be all alone to fend for our four children-," 

"Wade shut up," Peter groaned in his pillow. There was a faint but noticeable hissing sound echoing in his head. He pulled his hand up to his face, trying desperately to get faint light away from his eye. 

Wade tilted his head, suddenly worried. He walked over to his currently dying spider. He sat down on the very edge of the bed- barely keeping balance. He gently placed his hand over Peter's forehead, noticing his current state. Peter's chest was heaving like it usually did after he went on a patrol, and he was sweating. Apart from that, Wade noticed faint red streaks covering Peter's hands. 

He frowned. 

Had Peter gone out to patrol without him? Let alone sick

Peter must've noticed his confused and frustrated expression because he shifted into a sitting position. 

"Wade, what's wrong?" he asked shyly, "you're never that serious." Peter observed. Wade sighed, lazily rubbing his hand against his eye. 

"Peter, did you go on patrol?" he asked straight forward. Peter stiffened. 

Why would he ask that? Wade knew that Peter wouldn't go on patrol when he was sick- behind his back and when there was not a life-threatening threat.

Did he not trust Peter?

Peter's hand gripped the sheets below him hard. 

"Do you not trust me?" he said before he could stop himself. His sharp gaze connected with Wade's, deep brown clashing with a piercing blue. Wade shook his head. 

"It's not that- it's just I don't want you getting sick," he murmured. Peter stiffened. He was not a baby- and he definitely wasn't going to be treated like one. 

"Stop acting like your my father," he snapped, "I've already got two- I don't need three." He turned his body to be facing the window so he didn't see Wade's reaction. His eyes widened as he realized what he just had said. He was about to turn and apologize- not that it would do much of anything- when he felt Wade's body shift off the bed. The lights flickered off, and Peter lay there all alone again.

He sighed to himself. 

He buried his face into the pillows on his bed and quickly flew into sleep. 

=-=

"How so utterly pathetic," 

"Ain't you some hero?"

"I am VVVVVV--EE-----ANNNNNNAIAI- and I am no friend." 

=-=

....