Chapter Nine

Gerard P.O.V

I made sure that Frank was sound asleep before I went back to the lounge. I tapped the back of his hand, just to make sure that he was fast asleep. To my luck, he was. I smiled, peering down at his innocent face, his mouth ajar. I kissed his forehead, swiping a thumb across his skin. It didn't wake him. Closing our bedroom door slowly, so that I wouldn't wake him, I walked back to the lounge. Mikey was standing there, hands in his pockets, peering through a gap in the blinds.

"Is he asleep?" He asked, not moving from his place.

"Uhuh." I said simply, sinking down onto the couch. I covered my face with my hands, the smell of old and blackened blood still on them. No matter what I tried I couldn't get rid of the smell. Eventually I pulled my hands away from my face to see Mikey staring at me.

"Something bad is happening. You know that, right?" He asked, his arms folded in a 'matter-of-fact' way. I nodded, letting out a loud sigh. I didn't want to admit that there was something wrong with my once seemingly perfect life. By bringing Frankie up here, I truly thought that we would be able to stay here forever. To be left alone by everything and everyone. No overbearing family or alcohol temptations for him; no eternal loneliness for me.

"I know Mikey. I know. If I knew what, I would fix it. If there are vampires out there looking for newborns, he's in serious danger." I said, biting my nails. I was on the verge of tears, for the first time in a long time. Frank meant everything to me and him being drained for somebody's personal gain threatened to turn me into a murderer. "We need to speak to Elena, about their claims about newborn blood. If it's true, we'll have to move again. I can't have him hurt Mikey, I just can't." I said hysterically, my words flowing freely from my mouth like a bursting dam. Mikey knelt down in front of me.

"I know how much he means to you, believe me I do. I'd go to the same means to protect him because he makes you happy- which makes you happy. I'll call her, and she'll be here as fast as she can. I promise you. Don't cry, Gee." He said, wiping away the stray tear that had trickled down my cheek. He smiled, I sniffled loudly, his dumb smile infectious. "See, your stupid brother never fails to cheer you up. Go back to him, I'll wait up until she gets here." He chuckled, clapping me on the back. I nodded slowly, getting to my feet. For once, I was paranoid. The feeling crept over me like an infectious disease, tainting every ounce of my body.

Getting back to my bedroom, I locked all of the windows, and pulled down the blinds. As I did so, I noticed a face in one of the cabins. It was 'Daniel' if that was his real name. I hadn't seen Lacey in days, I personally believed that she was dead. I sighed, shaking my head, refusing to think about the poor lady.
My attention spanned back to the sleeping Frank before me, and how innocent and beautiful he looked. I smiled through the onset of more tears, sipping underneath the covers next to him. He rolled over, wrapping his arm around my torso. I couldn't help but smile, holding him closer to me.
~>•<~

Waking from my dreams, sweat pouring down my face, I sighed. Nightmares. I hadn't had those for years. Many many years. Frank was still asleep next to me, frowning in his dreams. I wiped the sweat from my forehead, looking around the room. There was nobody here, but I couldn't escape the feeling of being watched. I slid out from underneath him, stretching my limbs, smiling as the joints cracked. A thin slither of sunlight shone through the closed blinds, being in my boxers, I didn't care if anybody saw me. Not that there should've been anybody there. And there wasn't anybody, it was just my overactive imagination taunting me, persuading me to believe things that weren't true.

The white truck that had brought 'Daniel' and Lacey had gone, I could see the tracks from the tyres that led away from the small clearing where our cabins were. I smiled, hoping that they wouldn't be back. Mikey's car still sat outside, next to mine, so did Elena's. Deciding that Frank would've been perfectly fine without me in the room, I headed to the lounge. Elena was deep in conversation with Mikey, her manicured hand pointed to me.

"Gerard Arthur Way, if you don't eat something right now I will force it into you mouth." She said in her motherly tone. I giggled, holding my hands up in surrender as I sidestepped into the kitchen. I knew that with Elena, it was best to obey her. I pulled a green bottle from the fridge, taking it with me to join them in the lounge. "Thank you dear." She said, tapping the couch next to her. I smiled, tipping the blood into my mouth. It was satisfying, more so than usual. I must've downed it all in one, as Mikey's eyes widened.

"Feeding Frank fresh blood sure has gotten to you." He chuckled, whilst I resisted sticking my middle finger up at him. I flashed my teeth at him, Elena scolding us for being 'boys'.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Mardy Bum by Arctic Monkeys

A.N
Mardy Bum is mine and my Dad's song because it always comes on in the car XD and I absolutely adored my work experience, even if it meant throwing myself out of my comfort zone completely! It's made me so much more confident and they already want me back in the summer :D

Lemme know what you think about where the plot's going?? Don't forget to vote because it helps me out dearies ;)