I'll Mourn You When You Go

((Jon used to put skittles into Eduardo's coffee as a joke. Used to.))

Eduardo glanced up from the small box TV as he heard the door to the room click open.
Mark was back with coffee for the both of them. He didn't buy anything to eat, even though they hadn't eaten since noon and it was past 6 now. The two men couldn't stomach any food after what they had just witnessed.
Because of the incident with Tord and his giant robot, Mark and Eduardo were left without a home, and without a third person in their friend group.
They were now staying in a hotel, until they could figure out what to do with themselves.
"Sorry I took long," Mark spoke to break the silence between them.
Eduardo just grunted in response, looking back to the TV as Mark put the coffee on the table. He wasn't even paying attention to the stupid gameshow that was on, he just wanted to watch something to drown out his thoughts.
Mark took a seat on the other side of the small round table, picking up his laté and taking a small sip.
He knew Eduardo was torn up about the whole predicament, and regretted how badly he had treated Jon before he died. The blonde just didn't know what to say to comfort him.
He had began to lose hope that he would ever cheer Eduardo up, but that feeling faded a bit when he saw the latino reach for his coffee.
A silly grin spread across Mark's face, and when Eduardo saw it, he scoffed.
"What are you smiling about??" He asked in a harsh tone. His voice was still hoarse from all the screaming and crying he did earlier.
Mark didn't even care how Eduardo talked to him, that was the most he had spoken in hours!
"Nothing, nothing," Mark said as he took another sip of his laté to hide his smile.
Eduardo just rolled his eyes, and gulped his coffee quickly. That obviously wasn't rewarding, because instead of being greeted with the scalding, black coffee, he tasted cold, stale coffee, with...little hard things in them...
He didn't have time to taste what else was in his drink because as soon as he sipped it he spit it back out all over his green button-up shirt.
Mark snorted and choked on his drink as he started to giggle a bit, much to Eduardo's annoyance and disapproval.
"S'you think this is funny?!?" Eduardo shouted as he put the Starbucks cup down and stood up, towering over Mark.
When that didn't stop the other man from laughing, Eduardo grabbed a fist-full of his purple turtleneck and pulled him forcefully out of his chair.
Now Mark was face to face with the brunette, whom of which was furious, and soaked in coffee.
"Th'fuck did you put in my drink??!?" He yelled.
Mark shakily moved his hands up to push Eduardo away. Just when Eduardo was going to push back, the blonde held up his hands.
"Woah woah woah!!! It's a joke! It's a joke!!! It's only skittles!!" He exclaimed.
"Wh...wha..?" Eduardo tilted his head to the side, the anger in him resting for just a moment.
"It's just skittles!! See?! I have the package right here!!" Mark explained as he pulled the little red candy bag out of his pocket.
"Y-you know...like Jon used to do..."
As soon as he heard Jon's name, all the anger had fled from Eduardo.
"O-Oh..."
The two stood there in silence for a while, both breathing a bit heavy from their little encounter.
Suddenly, a small smile appeared on Eduardo's face, and he started to chuckle.
The laugh started out as low and quiet, but little by little, it grew in volume.
This had shocked Mark at first, but eventually, he too started to laugh, snorting inbetween each little giggle.
Soon the two friends were laughing uncontrolably. The whole hotel could have heard them. Eduardo rested his hand on the little table to keep him steady, and Mark leaned against a wall.
But then, just like his anger, the random burst of happiness was replaced, by another feeling.
Tears welled up in Eduardo's eyes and spilled down his face as his laughter faded, and turned into small sobs.
And with that, Mark's laughter died down into a conflicted silence.
Eduardo frantically wiped his tears, looking over at the other male.
"I wish I had gotten hit by that rocket instead!!" He wailed.
More tears followed his woeful statement, and he felt something in his chest snap again, just like when he found Jon laying in a puddle of his own blood.
Mark hesitantly wrapped his arms around Eduardo, and to his surprise, the brunette actually hugged back.
He held him like this for a while, and soon, he felt the sting of tears inhis eyes.
He wasn't going to cry. He wasn't.
Yet, the warm fluid flooded his eyes and streamed down his face.
This was going to be a very long night.
((Eyy this was depressing I'm sorry))