Traitor Next Door

Tord stared up at the buildings in front of him. Both of them were twin apartment buildings, but he was only going to be living in one of them, of course.
After the whole incident with the robot, things had gone downhill very fast for Tord.
Since he failed his mission, he was now the lowest rank in the Red Army- a part time assistant.
He was also left without a home, since he blew up the last home he had, and he wasn't allowed to live on the army campus.
The brunette sighed, walking up to his apartment and heading inside. He got inside of the small, musty elevator, and pressed the button that would take him to the 6th floor.
At least Paul and Pat were still on his side. Tord had lost a lot of friends, and he was sure that since he lost his status the two soldiers would leave him as well, but they hadn't...yet.
In fact, they both told him that they would make a new arm for him.
Tord rubbed the stump where his arm should have been. It had been torn up and burned pretty badly in the crash, and the doctors told him it wasn't salvageable. They amputated him from his forearm.
The doctors in the Red Army weren't the greatest, so he thought they probably did more harm than good.
So now he was armless and alone.
Tord was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn't even realize the elevator had stopped on his floor. He sighed softly, and exited the elevator, set on finding his room.
The Norwegian walked up and down the empty hallways, observing his surroundings. The white walls of the building were stained, along with the carpets. This place was a bit messy compared to where he had lived in the past, but it would have to do for now.
Once he located his apartment, he pulled the keys out of his hoodie pocket and unlocked the door. He closed the door behind him before going to take a look around.
He hadn't seen the place in person, only through pictures on the Internet.
It had a small kitchen, living room, bathroom and one bedroom, all of which were empty for now.
The movers were coming with his belongings very soon. He would have moved his things himself since he didn't own much, but only having one arm was an obstacle for him.
Tord pulled out his phone, and looked at the time. The movers would be here in about an hour, so all he had to do now was wait.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tord looked around his bedroom, content with the work that the movers had helped him do. Instead of being an empty blue room, it now had a bed, dresser, and a full body mirror. And he didn't even have to lift a finger. (They helped him because he didn't know how to use his left hand for everything yet).
He was hoping that maybe he would get used to living alone, and that the guilt he felt would eventually dissipate.
Tord glanced at himself in the mirror, taking in the sight of his one half-empty sweater arm, the scars on the right side of his face, and his one clouded up eye.
"Ugh. I make myself want to throw up." He spoke to himself.
The brunette wasn't really upset that he had been injured this badly in the crash. The initial shock of it disappeared within a month.
Right now, he felt as if he deserved it all.
He deserved the pain his burn scars gave him. He deserved the stares that stranger's gave him on the street.
And most of all, he deserved the guilt and loneliness he felt.
Tord walked towards his window next, looking out. It was late, but he couldn't really tell from the view. All he could see was someone else's window, from the other apartment a few feet away.
"Hmm. They left their curtains open," Tord thought aloud.
He gazed into the stranger's room, observing the red walls, cartoon posters and comfy looking bed. To be honest, Tord thought their room looked way better than his bland, boring room.
Suddenly, the door to the stranger's room opened, and Tord found that the owner of the apartment wasn't a stranger at all.
Said owner had pale skin, brown hair, big brown eyes, and an all too familiar green sweater.
Tord squeaked and ducked down quickly, so that the other man wouldn't see him staring into his room like a creep.
He hadn't seen Edd or the others in about 3 months since the accident. He didn't want to try to get in contact with them, because he was pretty sure none of them every wanted to see his ugly face ever again.
Although, he did miss them all very dearly. He missed the way Edd always stocked the fridge with cola. He missed how Matt would always carry around a mirror. He even missed Tom, who probably hated his guts even more than he used to.
Tord took a deep breath in. Maybe this was his chance to finally redeem himself. Suddenly, his gaze shifted, and he saw himself in the mirror.
The male frowned, looking away quickly because he didn't like what he saw.
He couldn't let Edd see him like this!
He had to find another way to make contact with him.
But how?
Tord started to search around his room, desperate to find something useful.
Eventually, he found some paper and a pencil.
He could write a letter to Edd!
It was a bit old fashioned, but it's not like he had Edd's email or phone number anymore. (Edd had blocked Tord's number).
Tord sat down, preparing to write a small blurb to send to Edd. Getting his thoughts onto the paper was hard, but trying to write with his left hand was even harder. Tord was right handed, but he obviously couldn't use his right hand now, so he tried to make his writing the least bit legible.
Once he was done, he held it up and read over it, deciding that it would be appropriate to send over to him.
There was only one problem- he didn't know Edd's apartment number, so he couldn't just stick it in his mail box, like he'd hoped to do.
How else was he supposed to send the message across?
Tord stood up slowly, and peeked out the window into Edd's room.
Edd was sitting at his desk, drawing. He had left his window open as well, to let some fresh air into his room.
Suddenly, Tord got an idea. He placed the piece of paper on the floor, and started folding it into the best paper airplane he could make with only one hand.
Next, he opened his window, and aimed the airplane towards Edd's room. The brunette hesitated a bit. If he threw the message across, there was no going back. But there was also a chance that the wind wouldn't carry the plane.
Tord closed his eyes briefly, ignoring his self doubt before opening his eyes and throwing the paper airplane.
His heart skipped a beat as it landed in Edd's room, and he looked over at it.
Tord dropped onto the floor quickly, hugging his knees as he began to regret his decision. What if Edd didn't answer? What it Edd responded negatively? What it he told the others that he was here and they came to attack him?
Tord let out a small squeak as a paper airplane landed on the floor in his room, just a couple feet away from him.
He swallowed the lump in his throat as he crawled over to it, picking it up and opening it.
On the paper, in writing different than his own, it read;
'Traitor'