Admirer Next Door

((Someone requested I write a second part to traitor next door so here it is))

Tord was just coming back from the plaza that was near his house. He was toting a box full of cola cans under his new and improved right arm that Paul and Pat had made for him (based off of his own design, of course).
Needless to say it was far easier than having to learn to do everything with his left arm-- even though over the past few weeks of living in the apartment, he had gotten  pretty good at it.
Now Tord had taken the elevator back up to his floor, and was now fumbling with the keys to open his apartment. Once he got the door open he set the box of cola down and shut it, immediately heading to his room.
Tonight he was going to try and talk to Edd. He didn't have a clear plan in his mind yet of what he was going to do, but he'd been thinking about it for weeks, and decided that tonight was the right time to finally do it.
 So he put on his cleanest red hoodie, touched up his hair, and glanced at himself in the mirror before cringing at his reflection and walking out of the room.
The brunette grabbed the box of cola and his keys before heading out to the apartment building beside his, and he went on the floor that he was pretty sure Edd was on, trekking quietly through the halls.
Now which door would be his?
He knocked on the door he was pretty sure was Edd's and waited there, expecting Edd-- that was when a blonde girl with a red shirt peeked out at him and raised an eyebrow.
"Oh? Hello," she said.
Tord frowned a bit since it wasn't Edd.
"Hi..um...sorry I knocked on the wrong apartment door. You wouldn't happen to know who Edd is, would you?" He asked.
The girl thought for a moment. "Yeah, I might know an Edd...actually, there was a guy that helped me move my stuff into the elevator when I moved in here. I think that might be him," she stated. "He lives just about six doors down from me,"
Six doors down? Well, he wasn't off by that much.
"Alright, thank you," Tord said with a small smile. "Have a good night,"
The blonde nodded and closed the door as Tord began walking towards Edd's apartment door.
When he reached it he sighed and just traced the numbers on the door with his eyes, considering his options now that he was so close to making a move.
He had gone over what to say or do many times in his mind before, but now when it came time to do it he felt...hesitant.
It was always said that things were easier said than done.
How would Edd even react when he saw him?
Oh, hey! Remember me? I'm your ex-friend that betrayed your trust, blew up your house, and accidentally killed your neighbour. Anyways, here's a box of cola!
"Fucking hell...what am I thinking..." Tord mumbled to himself. He turned to walk off, and that's when he heard the door creak open.
He froze in his tracks, too afraid to turn around, and too afraid to run away.
"...Tord?" Asked the familiar voice from behind him.
God, this was all so...surreal.
"What are you doing here?" Edd asked in a breathy whisper. There was something behind his voice-- most likely malice and hatred. Or maybe sorrow and hurt. He heard this voice on Edd when the incident happened.
"Turn around so I can see you," he spoke again, but now normally. The pain was still hiding there, though.
Tord guessed he had no choice. He slowly turned around, letting Edd get a good look at his cloudy eye, his missing clumps of hair, and his badly scarred face.
He felt a pang of hurt in his chest when Edd gasped and stepped back at the sight of him. Tord hated his appearance.
He thought he was ugly, inside and out.
Edd however, looked just fine.
From his shiny hair, chocolate brown eyes, his small lips, and even down to the hoodie he was wearing, Edd hadn't changed a bit.
"Tord...what happened to you...?" Edd asked.
"I...had an accident." Tord answered honestly.
"A-Anyways, um.." he panicked, as he was at a loss for words. He just held up the box of cola to him and gave a small smile.
Edd was silent for a moment, and Tord's smile slowly faded.
"Why are you here?" Edd asked, leaning against his doorframe.
"I just-- I just came here to apologize," Tord answered.
"Apologize?!" He sounded offended.  "Tord, do you really think a box of cola is going to fix everything??" He asked.
The brunette hesitated to answer, so Edd continued to speak.
"I can't believe you. How could you have the nerve to find out where I live, and try to apologize to me with some stupid fizzy drink after all you've done?!" Edd began to raise his voice, making Tord try to shrink himself.
"I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try," Tord  said, barely above a whisper.
"I don't care if you're trying, Tord. I really don't."
Tord felt his lips and throat get dry, and his heart sank all the way to his feet as Edd said this.
"You ruined my life, Tord. You killed my cat, you blew up my home, you almost killed Tom and you murdered Jon!!" He yelled. "And worst of all is you actually made me believe that I could trust you!"
Tord frowned, and he could feel his eyes starting to sting with tears, that he blinked away. He didn't want Edd to see him cry, even though he could see the tears in Edd's eyes.
"Why...?" The other male's voice was quiet now. "Why would you come here...? Why remind me of something that I've been trying so hard to forget?" He asked.
Tord gulped, and he answered;
"Because I love you, Edd. And I guess that's my mistake."
He set down the box of cola at both of their feet and he turned to leave.
He could feel Edd's eyes boring holes into his back as he walked away.
Edd didn't stop him, but those words were going to be in his head forever.
'Because I love you, Edd. And I guess that's my mistake'