Ringo Isn't Fat

Tom watched as the large cat hauled itself onto the couch and then made itself comfy in his friend's lap.
Edd smiled down at Ringo and gently pet his head, making the cat purr loudly, then he looked back up at the TV.
"Hey Edd?" Tom spoke up, making Edd glance over at him.
"Hm? What is it?" Edd asked.
"Uh...I don't mean to offend but...don't you think that Ringo is getting a little bit fat?" He asked. 
Edd frowned and looked down at Ringo. I mean, he has gotten a lot bigger, and a lot...heavier over the past few months.
But he didn't want to think his little fluff ball was eating too much.
He simply shook his head and chuckled.
"Ringo isn't fat," he said, grinning at the cat as it lifted it's head.
"He's just really poofy,"
Tom stared at Edd for a moment before just shrugging. He thought that maybe Edd was over feeding the poor thing. It hadn't started getting big like that until a few months prior to this day.
Ringo sometimes wasn't even able to climb or walk because he was a little bigger than he used to be.
He hated to be the bearer of bad news, but he just didn't want Ringo to get sick. He wouldn't hear the end of Edd's tears if that ever happened.
And one day, it did. After Edd brought Ringo home from his normal checkup, he told Tom the news.
"Hey..." he said. "Remember when you told me that Ringo was fat?" He asked.
Tom took a break from playing Susan to look up at the brunette.
"Yeah, why??" He asked.
"Well...turns out the doctor thinks the same thing," Edd replied. "And now I have to start feeding him less..."
"Okay...and your point is?" Tom asked, perplexed.
"Well, I just wanted to say sorry for doubting you and saying you were wrong the first time you told me," Edd said.
Tom just nodded his head and got back to playing his beloved bass.
only a few weeks passed before Ringo stopped eating entirely.  But somehow he still remained plump.
Now Tom and Edd were both standing over the cat, curled up beside it's food bowl. They were trying to get him to eat, but he wouldn't.
"Have you tried switching his food???" Tom asked.
"Tried that last week," Edd replied. "It only made him sick,"
Tom frowned and tried to think of something, but then the fat cat then stood up and slowly hobbled out of the kitchen.
Edd pouted. "Aww Ringooo," he whined. "Where are you going???"
He followed behind the cat, and Tom decided to follow as well.
Ringo curled up in the downstairs closet where they all kept their coats. When Edd tried to pet him, he hissed at him.
Edd quickly retracted his hand, shocked. Ringo had never hissed at him before, and honestly, he was sort of hurt.
"Maybe you should just leave him alone for now," Tom suggested.
Edd nodded a bit. "Yeah..." he said.
The two walked away, and two hours later, Tom decided to check on Ringo, just to make sure the poor cat hadn't croaked or anything.
When he opened the closet door, he saw that Ringo seemed to be hiding something. He looked up at Tom and just stared at him.
"Alright, whatever you have in your mouth, spit it out," Tom said, as if the cat would understand him.
He bent down to try and get whatever it was out of Ringo's mouth, but then he realized that Ringo wasn't the only one in the closet anymore.
Ringo was bathing and hiding three tiny kittens, each a dull grey colour.
Tom's eyes widened and he backed up a little. "Edd!?" He called. "You're gonna wanna see this!"
Soon, Edd walked to the closet as well, and he popped his head in, obviously worried about his cat. When he looked at Tom he seemed just as confused as he was. Honestly he was glad Ringo wasn't dead or something.
"Ringo is a girl???" He asked Tom.
"Well obviously!" Tom said. "How could you not know that your cat is a girl???"
"Well I never took the time to check or anything!! I'm not weird!!"
Tom crossed his arms and looked back into the closet.
"Well...what are we going to do with them...?" He asked.
-
-
-
((Heyyy, sorry for the long hiatus. School. Depression. Moving. Shit just happens you know? Anyways, I ended it like this because I wanted you to vote:
Should they keep the kittens?
Should they give them away?))