Chapter 18~ The End.

Chase's POV

                           I stumbled out of John's library in a trance. Me, destroy the world? Impossible, never. I couldn't even let one pathetic teenager, how could I ever be expected to destroy the world. Teddy stood up as I crossed his line of sight, John's strange assisstant sitting by him. 

                        "Chase, I-, what's wrong?" Teddy asked, reaching out to touch my shoulder. I shook off my shock and looked up at him, smiling. I assured him that everything was fine before walking into the kitchen, looking out the window. "I need to talk to you." 

                       I turned to look at Teddy, his blue eyes soft as they meet mine. "Everything alright?" I reached forward to straighten his tie, his cheeks turning a soft pink as he takes my hands in his.

                      "Yes, yes of course. It's just... ever since you and I met, I knew you were special. Not your powers or anything, but you, as a person. For me. The moment I saw you being dragged, bloody and beaten down that hall, I knew I couldn't live without you. I normally would never do this, in fact, I never would, but my feelings for you are undeniable. This has turned into much more than an infatuation, I know that now, and-" I cut off the yammering Teddy by pressing my lips to his in a soft kiss, much different from any of the others we have shared. I pulled away from his lips and smiled up at him.

                         "Chase.... We have a problem. Crane!" Edward's face went from smiling to a worried look as he left me in the kitchen. I turned to look out the window and saw three cars coming down the street, none of them looking very friendly. "Get her out, she'll die if she stays." Edward pointed to Snow, who was looking around in confusion.

                            "Snow, I need you down in the basement. Now." Crane commanded as he peaked through the window. He pulled his mask over his head as the young girl sprinted down the stairs, slamming the door shut, and hopefully bolting it. I checked the clip in my gun as Teddy twirled his cane, a dark smirk on his face that sent shivers up my spine. I gave him a soft, reassuring smile before we heard a violent knock on the door, Edward moving quick as a flash to get it.

                           "Now this is quite the riddle. Hello, Deadshot. I didn't know you were a lackey." Riddler chuckled lowly, leading him into the house before leaning on his cane. Deadshot, I'm assuming, growled in anger and tried to kick the cane out from under his feet. Riddler jumped and swung his cane, making the end connect with the masked-man's jaw. 

                           "I can see the Pit is still affecting you, Mr. Nigma. Only in positive ways, I would hope." A tall man emerged from the doorframe, his hat tilted over his face. He lifted it and smiled a crooked smile directly at me. "I'd hate for my daughter to lose someone like you." 

**Obviously, this isn't over forever. I decided to end the love story with Edward proclaiming his love for Chase (sort of) so we can get to the meat of the story, instead of the fluff. Of course, there will be fluff in the sequel, but not as much. I'll give you a large dedication if you can figure out who Chase's dad is, because I'm secretive and annoying like that. Happy trails, I'll see you soon!**