Chapter 16

Chase's POV

I sat in front of my small televison, watching as my latest master plan was followed out by Two-Face, of all people. I was running my small business from home while my warehouse was being remodeled. The interior decorator said "only a few more days" a few days ago, so I didn't have high hopes. My cell phone rang and I stumbled towards it. I answered it with a tired "hello?"

"Remember, young one, we are always watching. He is not pleased that you are abusing your power. He will come soon." An unfamiliar, smooth yet angry voice spoke before hanging up. I became lightheaded and fell to the floor. 

"Chase!" I heard Teddy yell, the front door slamming. My head was swimming, and I couldn't open my eyes. "Open your eyes, Chase! No, no." I was put down on a couch and Teddy paced the floor, not speaking to me. "Crane! Don't sass me, I need your help! You want me to ask how you are? Fine, how are you? Well that's terrible, you can tell me about it later, but Chase needs help. Take her to your house? Fine, be ready. She doesn't look good." Teddy's footsteps became louder and I was lifted from the couch and placed upright in a buckled in seat. I determinded we were in a car when the engine roared to life and the soft sound of classical music played on the radio. I felt Teddy grab my hand as we sped down the busy streets, probably heading to Johnny's. We came to a sudden stop and I was plucked from my seat. 

"Well she doesn't look good at all." I head Johnny say, his rough hands appearing on my forehead.

"A monkey could have figured that out, Crane. Can you help her?" Teddy asked, panic obvious in his voice. I was placed down yet again on what seemed like an operation table. An IV was placed in my arm as I quickly drifted to sleep.

Teddy's pov

I looked down at the paler than usual Chase, laying on the smooth operation table, unconcious, as Crane ran blood tests and wrote notes down on a plain, brown notepad. "Edward, please leave the room. You are tempting me with your paranoia." Crane said, a slight crazed look in his blue eyes. I sighed and exited the room, coming into the sitting room. I fell onto one of the couches, smelling oddly of fear toxin, and ran my hand over my face. 

"You must be Mr. Nigma." A sweet, innocent voice spoke in the darkness, bright blue eyes piercing into me. A tall girl emerged from the shadows, with hair as white as snow. 

"Who are you?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. She moved closer towards me, sticking her hand out.

"My name is Snow, I'm working for Dr. Crane at the moment. Who was that woman you were carrying?" Snow asked, looking at the room Crane and Chase were in. 

"Her name is Chase Sage. We are colleagues." I said, not sure what to call her. 

"You seemed a bit more than colleagues, the way you ran in here, fear apparent in your eyes." Snow raised an eyebrow, the same crazy look Crane gets flashing in her clear eyes. 

"Don't tell me you are crazy too." I said, falling into the softness of the couch back. 

"I'm not crazy, Mr. Nigma." She snarled. I held up my hands in surrender. 

"Whatever you say." I mumbled before falling into a light sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Edward. Edward Nigma." I heard a man with a rich accent from somewhere I can't place say. My eyes flickered open and I saw an enormous Ra's Ah Ghul with flaming green eyes glaring at me. I was no longer on Crane's couch, but now in chains, my suit tattered. "You infected my Lazarus Pit. You used it without my permission, and now you must suffer the consequences." 

"Oh, I do love a good execution! I've brough popcorn!" Joker said, sitting on the 20 feet tall Ra's's shoulder. He flung buttery popcorn at me and it landed in the shape of a word "REVENGE." I looked up at them both, anger in my eyes. 

"I've done nothing wrong. I've kept my word, Joker, you said you won't tell Ra's." I yelled, trying to get to my feet, but I was too weak. 

"Opps. HEHEHAHAHEHA!" The Joker burst out laughing, holding his stomach and slapping his knee. Joker jumped off of Ra's's shoulder, landing a few feet from me. He stormed over to me and kicking me in the gut. "Remember, I'll need you soon. If you don't help me, then I'm afraid this will be your fate." Joker pointed to Ra's and Ra's poured water on me, making my skin seperate from my muscles, as I howled in pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's just a little water, Teddy." I heard Chase chuckle. I was standing by the side of a pool, in swimming trunks covered in question marks, drenched. Chase was standing in the shallow end holding a blue bucket and wearing a light pink bikini. "Maybe you'll get in the pool when I asked next time." I must've looked confused, because Chase chuckled again and held out her left hand. "Come on, I'll even help you into the water." I grabbed her left hand with my right and felt cold metal on her ring finger. I looked at it to see a medium sized diamond in the center of the silver ring, with diamonds decreasing in size going out and around the band.

"You're married?" I asked, sadly, then full of rage. She laughed again, holding her stomach with her right hand, pulling me into the pool with her left. When I surfaced, she grabbed my left hand and showed me my ring finger, a silver ring on my finger. 

"To you, you goofball." Chase said, smiling wide and kissing me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Edward, wake up. Chase will have to say here over night, Hush is looking over her now. Go home." Crane said, pulling me from my wonderful dream. I jumped from the couch when he said Hush was caring for her. 

"Hush?" I snarled. Crane nodded. "Then I'm staying over night. I won't leave her side." I said, marching over to the door where Chase was being held. 

"Hush is running tests. Blood, tissue, other stuff. Wouldn't want to go in there if I were you." Crane said. I sighed, rubbing my eyes. 

"I'll be by her side tomorrow. I'm sleeping in my room." I said, running up the stairs, Crane's mention of Hush never leaving my head.

*Okey dokey, so guys. You may have noticed (or not noticed, if you don't read my other story) that I have titles for my Snow/Scarecrow/Robin story. If you guys want to reread through these chapters and pick out a title you think is best, I'll surely use it and dedicate the chapter to you! If it isn't already dedicated... Anyway, do so if you want! And please read my Snow story, and my Spiderman story. I'd really REALLY appreciate it!*

Perspicacious Infatuationजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें