Chapter 8

Chases pov

I sat on the couch, explaining my dream to Johnny while waiting for the pizza delivery guy. When I was finished, his face was paler than usual and he was shaking. He was scared. I had scared the Master of Fear.

“Johnny? Do you know what it means?” I asked. He nodded.

“Have you ever heard of the Lazarus Pit?” Johnny asked.

“Yeah, Joker was saying how he would tell Ra's al Ghul Teddy used it. What happened to Teddy?” I asked, multiple scenarios playing in my head. The doorbell rang and Johnny stood up to answer it.

“You’re not the pizza guy.” He said, angrily.

“I want to talk to Chase.” I heard Edward say. I dove off the couch and tumbled into Johnny’s closet.

“You lost the privilege to talk to her when she came here, crying her eyes out. Get out, Nigma.” John growled.

“You don’t understand. She said something about a dream. She was… nervous. I have to talk to her.” Edward said, desperate. “Wait, she was crying?” I smacked my head on the door. Nice going, John.

“You still aren’t going to talk to her.” John said. My phone started playing the Cha Cha Slide on full blast, curse you, free ringtones. I jumped at the sudden sound, hitting my head on the shelf, causing all the stuff on the rack fall. The door opened and an amused Riddler saw me under a pile of coats, bags, and papers. John was pinching the bridge of his nose and shaking his head.

“Hello Teddy. How are you this fine evening?” I asked, waving.

“Quite alright. And how are you, my dear?” He asked, helping me off the ground.

“Oh you know, just-“ The doorbell rang and Johnny walked over, cash in hand. “PIZZA!” I jumped over the couch and took the pizza from the delivery boy’s grip as Johnny was counting out his money. I caught a glimpse of the delivery boy’s face before John shut the door, the color draining from my face.

“Thank God, I haven’t had pizza in the longest time.” Johnny said, reaching for the box. I yanked it away from him and sprinted to the backyard. “Get back here with my pizza!” I threw the pizza over the fence into the neighbor’s pool and jumped back into the house. I kept Teddy and John back as we heard an explosion and water, children’s pool toys, and bits of pizza rained down in the back yard. My phone buzzed and a checked a message.

“Hope you enjoyed your pizza. My boss will be back for more revenge soon. ~TM” I read aloud.

“TM?” Johnny asked.

“The Mortician.” I said, shaking. “He’s come to kill me.”

*Sorry it's so short guys. It'll be longer once school is out and I have freedom from finals and projects*