Chapter 13

*This is basically just a filler, which I'm super sorry about. But it does add a little drama, you know? I hope you ENJOYYY!*

Edward's pov

I'm going to do it. I'm actually going to tell Chase I love her. But how? Just go out and say "hey, I love you." What if she regets me? Or what if she laughs? Or what if she tells me she loves me back. C'mon Edward. Just spit it out.

"Teddy?" Chase asked. I looked at her. "Are you okay? Were you going to say something?" Her innocent blue eyes were wide with curiosity. I took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Chase, I-" I was interupted by the sound of Chase's phone dinging. I waited for her to look at her phone, smiling, then quickly type a reply. 

"Sorry Teddy, that was my friend. I have to meet him soon." Chase said, smiling. 

 "I should get back to work. Batman won't thwart himself." I said, standing up and quickly walking to my office. I shut the door and leaned against it. I heard a small knocking. "What?" I asked, coldly. 

"I was just going to ask what you were going to say." Chase's muffled voice said through the door. I threw open the door and glared down at her.

"Nothing. Absoultely nothing. You better get to your date." I said, with as much venom I could muster without crying. I slammed the door and sank to the floor. She tried opening the door, but I had locked it. 

"Teddy, Teddy it isn't a date! Open the damn door! I'm not done talking to you!" Chase yelled, banging on the door. "Fine, Edward! Have it your way, asshole." She said, choking up. 

"I love you." I whispered, a tear falling on the wood, as I heard the front door slam.

Chase's pov

"I love you." I whispered before walking over to the front door and slamming it. Red Hood was waiting outside and I wiped away my tears when I saw him. "Hey." I said weakly. Red took of his helmet, his eyes still covered in a red mask. I saw his face for the first time, his expression angry and concerned.

"Jesus Christ, what the hell happened, Chase?" He asked, running over and hugging me. 

"Teddy and I got in a little fight. He think's I'm going on a date with you." I said, trying to calm my breathing. 

"That's crazy, Chase. I know how you feel about Riddler, I'd never put you in that postition." Red said, holding onto my shoulders and sighing. I pushed him away from me and glared at him.

"I don't feel anything towards him." I said, my voice colder than ice. Red laughed, holding his hands up in surrender. A busty blonde woman came around the corner and walked up to Edward's door. "Excuse me, who are you?" I asked, disgusted at her appearance. 

"Query. I guess you can say I'm Edward's lover." Query giggled, ringing the door bell. Red's head snapped towards me, a shocked look on his beautiful face. I still can't get over how he looks without his helmet. But right now, all that could register in my mind was "lover?" 

"Lover?" I asked, my voice sounded broken and cracked. Query nodded and smirked. Edward opened the door and sighed. He looked behind Query and saw me, his face turning white. I panicked and smashed my lips onto Red's. Red stumbled backwards when I pulled away, hands up in the air, looking from Teddy to I, repeating "I-I-I-I." When he finally spoke normally, he turned to Teddy. "Edward, I swear-" Edward silenced him by raising his hand. (THIS IS SO FUNNY TOO I.... WHY AREN'T I FUNNY ANYMORE)

"Don't worry about it, Mr. Todd. What Chase does with her boyfriend is her own buisness." Edward said, letting Query into the house. Red glared at Edward. Mr. Todd? As in Jason Todd? As in the second Robin? "Chase. Jason. I must be off. I won't expect you back tonight, So I'll move your things out. Farewell." With that, he slammed the door. 

"Chase-" Red said, coming closer to me.

"Jason Todd? You're Jason Todd?!" I said, my voice getting louder.

"Yes, but-" Red tried to speak again, but I cut him off.

"Why didn't you tell me who you were!? What if you go tell Bruce what I'm doing, then he throws me back in Arkham?!" I whisper-yelled as some old people walking by glared at us fighting in the alley. I knew Bruce Wayne was Batman, but I'd never reveal his identity. Not after what happened before.

"Why would you think I would do that?! I have no buisness with Bruce." Jason said, coldly. I relaxed, closing my eyes. 

"I'm sorry, Red. I just- I'm just nervous. I don't want to go back there." I said, walking to the curb and sitting on it. Red came to sit next to me, hugging me. "I can't really risk angering anyone in the Batman family right now. Batman burned down my apartment when I threatened to reveal his identity. I hardly escaped with my life. Of course, Robin tried to stop him. Robin was angry Batman did such a thing. I always thought Tim Drake went along with whatever Batman did." I sighed, putting my head on my knees. 

"Tim Drake wasn't Robin when Batman burnt your house down. I was. That was the night I was killed." Red said, staring at the ground.