17. Comfort

(Third person)

He held (F/n) a bit longer, suffocating her in a tight yet sweet and warm embrace of never ending affection as he mumbled sweet nothings, compliments that made her skin trickle with comfort.
Occasionally he would plant kisses on her forehead, rubbing her back softly as to assure her that he wouldn't disappear like so and he tended to keep it like that.

"Breakfast is probably cold by now, but that doesn't matter that much right?" He joked, allowing her to move her face away from his chest, stubbornly glaring at him in response.

She huffed, "You could have ate before me,"

"I didn't want to eat without you," he replied softly, "I'd missed you around the table if it was just Nathan and I."

"Speaking of Nathan, isn't he waiting?"

"He's smart for a kid, he should've gotten the idea that he should eat first since we're taking too long,"

She tilted her head, puzzled by his words, "Taking too long? And what do you think he thought we were doing?"

"You know," he brows wiggled, "The 'do'?"

He chuckled loudly as she fumed in his arms, trying to squirm away as she grew flustered as time continued to tick, "Babe, Babe, wait a second Babe, I was just joking!"

"I could slap you,"

"And I wouldn't complain, but please be gentle with me okay? Its my first time with this sort of play and I want it to be...magical," he admitted as he had to prevent his fuming girlfriend from literally slapping him, "Oh save me keyboard warrior from the deathly clutches of my fair maiden~!"

"R-Ryan!" She growled as she ended back in his grasp, this time he wrapped his arms around her waist.

He chuckled softly into her shoulder before the two stood in comfortable silence, "How are you feeling now?"

He was gesturing, faintly hinting to her breakdown a few moments earlier as her fuming face slowly fell to neutral, until she smiled lightly, although it was clear to him, through his lenses, it still pained her.

His heart ached when he noticed.

"I feel better than before," she mumbled, leaning close to his body, "Thank you for trying to cheer me up, Ryan, I really appreciated it."

"Nah, shucks, who me? Trying to cheer you up?"

She elbowed him lightly, "Don't play dumb with me, you oaf,"

The brunette had only smiled, placing his chin on her head, and hummed in satisfaction, "Alright, you found me out. And no worries, I'll do the stupidest of things if it was to cheer you up,"

"I love you," she beamed lightly, lifting her head higher as he removed his chin.

"I love you too," he replied, planting a kiss on her lips, briefly.

"But I'm serious, I'm not experience in that sort of play, so go easy on me-"

S L A P

-author's note-
I've been making delays due to exams and family matters that I can't help but prepare for. Although half of why I haven't been posting is because I'm lazy and the promises I make always ended up being postponed.
I am a terrible person to make promises with.
I also apologize for the short attempt of a chapter since it's been a month since I've gotten back into the personality of the characters. I hope you don't mind.

Ayumi out!