Linus (Chapter 2)

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing. It was a text message from our group chat. It contained members from our childhood gang. It contained everybody...even Charlie Brown! Well it actually didn't contain everybody... Schroeder wasn't in it. You see, in the seventh grade he was excepted into a music school. The only problem, the school was in Germany. At that time he didn't have a phone, he said something about....Beethoven not having one so he doesn't  need one. Well turns out that we lost touch with him after a while and we never got to speak with him again. Lucy was a mess when she found out that he left without saying goodbye. I finally read the text message and I was in shock. Schroeder is back! What are the odds?!? I was so excited, until I thought back to Lucy. He broke her heart that day he left and I was so mad at him. Now he's coming back and I'm not sure if Lucy is going to be ok with this. Good grief! How am I going to tell Lucy?! I stopped my thought when I heard Lucy knocking on the door. Linus! We are going to be late!! If you don't come  here in five minutes!....Well...I oughta slug ya! "Typical Lucy", i thought to my self while I put my clothes on. I threw on a red shirt with black stripes going through them and some cream colored shorts with some shoes. I grabbed a granola bar and jumped into Lucy's car. 

It was a quiet ride when we got to school. Normally Lucy's music would be put on full blast, but today she was awfully quiet. When Schroeder left she actually started to play piano and she got pretty damn addicted to it as well. I guess she missed hearing him play so much, that she just did it herself! I was about to ask her what was wrong,when she parked her car. She got out, waved goodbye and left me standing there all alone. Luckily, I saw my best friend Charlie Brown and his sister across the parking lot. I rushed on over there and starting talking to him about the dance,when yelled Peppermint Patty's name in my face! I knew they were dating an all, but I cant believe he forgot to ask her to the dance! I was interrupted  from my state of shock when I heard Sally say my name. Hi Linus, she said in that weird flirty voice she always makes whenever she speaks to me. Good grief what do you want Sally? Oh nothing Linus, all I wanted to say is that you're looking very cute in your clothes today! I could feel my cheeks turn a slight shade of pink, but I couldn't let her see that, so I brushed it off  by saying "So what I wear these
Clothes everyday!". Right after i said that Sally began to make her weird smile. So...Linus when are you going to ask me to the dance? Thats when my cheeks turned a very bright red. I was about to yell at her and defend myself when I saw a crowd of my friends swarming around a car. I went to see what was going on, and to my surprise it was Schroeder! He looked the same except he was taller and more social. "Isn't he hot?", I heard Frieda whisper to her friends. "Lucy is going to freak.", she whispered again.  That sentence made me really mad. Why do people think that Lucy is useless without him ? I was very upset. Without even saying hello, I turned from the crowd and headed inside the school.