Charlie Brown (Chapter 6)

Ad I rushed down the hallway looking for Patty, the worst began to play in my mind. What happens if she is so mad at me that she ends up saying no? Then I would be the worst boyfriend ever! Great!, another thing Charlie Brown wasn't good at. My thoughts came a halt when the first bell rang. Good Grief! It looks like I will have to ask her at lunch.
As I made my way into my seat next to Linus in the cafeteria, i began to tell him everything that has happened so far. He than began to understand why I kind of yelled in his face. In the middle of lunch I spotted Patty at the far end of the Cafeteria. I was prepared for this moment, i had a rose in my pocket and I was going to do this! As i made my way to the other end, i began to get a nervous sweat. Then when i finally reached Patty. I took her hand, knelt on the ground, brought the rose out, and then nothing. I couldn't speak no matter how hard I tried! By this time everybody was looking at me.  Patty gave me that encouraging smile that made me think about the sweetness in her, like Peppermint. By this time i could gear a few snickers, then everybody started to laugh. I dropped the rose and ran outside, Patty following me...